**Urgent help** rsn-e code

rob irl tdi

Reaction score
Guys I had my battery out this morning to do my penulm water drain and now I cannot find the code for my retro fitted nav

Local dealer couldn't find code and told me to ring Audi Ireland.

They haven't returned my call today. He took the code that came up on the pin enter screen

What do I do. I have it fitted now a year working grand. Thought code was written on the unit on a sticker

the code should never be on the unit you should have a code card which could be attached to the manual (if you have one). Only other option if it's retrofitted (Audi dealers won't help with retrofit nav's)is one of the ebay auctions for unlock services.

audi will pull the code for half hours labour
needs to be fitten in the car and car at there place

audi will pull the code for half hours labour
needs to be fitten in the car and car at there place

Well they didnt want to help over here in my local dealers.

Cant believe I havent the code. Was sure i had it in the box the nav came with

Has anyone used one of the unlock services from ebay?

I might also call Audi Belfast tomorrow. Proberly be more helpful than Audi Ireland

Only other option if it's retrofitted (Audi dealers won't help with retrofit nav's)is one of the ebay auctions for unlock services.

Thats not entirely true tbh mate, all comes down to how anal your dealer is, but most if you have done business with for servicing etc will help, albeit maybe at a cost, but they have a system they can enter the AUX number into vas that throws out the code without a car needing to be connected :ninja:

audi will pull the code for half hours labour needs to be fitten in the car and car at there place

As above, but yes most dealers will help, but at the dealer location, although I have known some to give over the phone in the PAST if they know you very well or in a situation say you just bought car from them & it doesnt work lol.
Well they didnt want to help over here in my local dealers.

Cant believe I havent the code. Was sure i had it in the box the nav came with

Has anyone used one of the unlock services from ebay?

I might also call Audi Belfast tomorrow. Proberly be more helpful than Audi Ireland

If its been in the car beforehand & is as you say, then it remembers the last vin was attached to, so kind of makes me wonder about your story sorry to say, problem is, if the pin has been changed by certain methods, then there system maybe will be useless imho, need to test that thought actually with my dealer.

My local dealer has twice found my code for me and not charged me...

So if it remembers my vin how does that help . And how does that make you wonder about my story?

It makes me wonder because the mere fact you're saying its asking for your pin code, which in the normal state of usage & actions of these units, it should remember your car as last plugged into & not ask for the pin anyway, but nothings impossible, so dont take offense, just strange situation based on my knowledge of said units.

Urm I wonder, as its an A4 B6 if that has any significance, given B6 was never an rns-e car, although it shouldnt matter as fitted number of them to B6's including my S4 B6 ages ago, but its an anomoly for sure.

Was surprised to see it when i went to start it when i got back in.

Ah no offence taken. Just would like it sorted. I dont buy my parts from that Audi garage. I go up to Northern Ireland Volkswagen who still get my Audi parts in( I had 3 mk4 golfs) . I save a lot of € . Maybe thats why they dont like to help

Ring them, explain the issue, they may not be brand restricted on VAS, so have access to get code, I know for a fact I'm correct about the process, I stood there with mate doing it lol.

I will try that tomorrow so. I have a lot of phone calls to make so. The only thing the said before I bought the Audi was that the could not get the Audi accessories in for me .

I also e-mailed the seller on ebay about my problem. Its been a year sine i bought off him. Might be worth a try. He has 4500 sales etc

Got sorted! The seller I bought it from gave it to me . I mailed him through eBay last night

It makes me wonder because the mere fact you're saying its asking for your pin code, which in the normal state of usage & actions of these units, it should remember your car as last plugged into & not ask for the pin anyway, but nothings impossible, so dont take offense, just strange situation based on my knowledge of said units.

Urm I wonder, as its an A4 B6 if that has any significance, given B6 was never an rns-e car, although it shouldnt matter as fitted number of them to B6's including my S4 B6 ages ago, but its an anomoly for sure.
the last 2 in this b7 iv had always ask for the code i was told by audi cos its retrofitted
the 1 in the a3 was with the car from new this never needs the code