01375 fault code ??

DAZ1985

Reaction score
I have just bought a 2.5 tdi a4 on an 02, pleased with the car in general. however i have plugged in the vagcom reader to find 01375 fault code. I cleared the code went for a drive and it has since come back on

ref ross tech:

01375 - Valves for Engine Mounting: Stage 1

[h=3] 01375 - Valves for Engine Mounting: Stage 1: Output won't Switch or Short to B+ [/h]
[h=4] Possible Symptoms [/h]
  • Electro-Hydraulic Engine Mounts permanently hard

[h=4] Possible Causes [/h]
  • Valves for Engine Mounting faulty
  • Wiring/Connectors from/to Valves for Engine Mounting faulty

[h=4] Possible Solutions [/h]
  • Check Valves for Engine Mounting
  • Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Valves for Engine Mounting

Now has anyone any more info on where this could be found on the car? any prices for the part if it needs replacing?

Would the slight movement from the gear stick when i accelerate be caused through this part not working correctly?

Thanks in advance

Engine mount failure is pretty common, there are a few posts on this. Part numbers are in the Parts Sticky I think, and I'm sure Turkster started a good thread too.

just replaced mine today. took 2 hours start to finish, didnt use an engine crane instead supported it on a jack with a spreader plate and plank of wood. Paid £105 including vat for the mount. quite an easyjob,easily diy able.

Should be covered under warranty I've only had the car 2 days and found the fault as soon as I got back

I'll try and locate the mount and check it over, these garages are abit patronising at times as though you haven't got a clue what your on about

Thanks for the replys though, I'll search the other threads for part numbers, just so I have an idea where will it be located? Rear middle?

Cheers that will be tomorrows job then, while its on the ramp I might as well change the rear diff oil, anyone suggest the best oil to use?

there are 2 mounts one left and one right, have a look and see if any fluid is leaking from one

I'm going to be silly now and ask what fluid is involved with engine mounts? I take it then that they aren't just big rubber beasties like on my old s2?

aha! sounds like witchcraft to me! I wonder what the damage is for a pair on a 3.0Q? something tells me I won't have much change from 200 quid

zilcho im guessing. gear changes are improved aswell. Mine hadnt started to leak instead it had completely sheared accross and part of the plate had done one! was knocking pretty badly