Does your EGR leak on pd 130?

rob irl tdi

Reaction score
Mine looks like it leaks a bit of oil. Mechanic says this is normal on the lot of them. Car still drives brillant and i always use pd oil. But am i suppose to accept that they all do it or does it need a new one or gaskets or something?

Mine does slightly from the 2 vent holes.

mine used to do that . what you will find is that in time the oil leaking from the vent holes will make its way down the black plastic arm of the anti shudder valve into the rubber diaphram that operates the arm and distroy it . when this happens you get a lot of engine shudder when you turn off the engine . audi do not sell the anti shudder valve seperately if it goes you will need to buy the whole egr valve not cheap

mine used to do that . what you will find is that in time the oil leaking from the vent holes will make its way down the black plastic arm of the anti shudder valve into the rubber diaphram that operates the arm and distroy it . when this happens you get a lot of engine shudder when you turn off the engine . audi do not sell the anti shudder valve seperately if it goes you will need to buy the whole egr valve not cheap

How did you fix it?

My EGR is blanked off now but it still leaks slightly.