Blanking the egr valve off?????

stuart.garlinge

Reaction score
Hi all, am i right in thinking a fair few of you's have blanked the egr valve off, if so what is the benefits of this, is it as simple as taking off and fitting a blanking plate or is there other things to reroute or take into account, could some one walk me through the procedure , cheers stu.

Doing mine next week

As far as i have read, it is straight forward. Just unbolt, fit the plate and rebolt it back on

Will be doing the Mr Muscle cleaning too :)

i made a plate for mine

i took the egr pipe off and made a plate the same size as the fitting with two holes drilled

then fitted it between the pipe and the exhaust manifold simple

hi
ive just taken the EGR blanking plate OFF my V6 QS

since i fitted it about 2 wks ago ive HAD ENGINE MANAGEMENT light with code 00560 EGR GAS LIMIT SURPASSED ,
since removing NO engine management lights :)

also did the Mr Muscle with turbo..... Made No Difference to turbo noise :(

cheech

Please can somebody tell me. To blank off the egr do you need 1 blanking plate or 2? And do you place it at the bottom of the egr pipe, if you need 2 where do you put the other one?

Thanks

If your blanking it off your better with 2 plates , 1 for the top and 1 for the bottom , then you can take the pipe right out and the plates will fit better, also makes life easier to do the blanking as there is not alot of flex in the pipe to slip the blanking plate in between.

For the extra couple of quid get 2 plates.

I blanked mine off about 2 weeks ago, 1.9 130bhp, felt better when blanked but i took them out again, about 10 miles after i put them in the engine managment light came on. If you have a light come on it will need reset with Vagcom.

If your not worried about the light then go for it.

ok thanks very muchly. i took the egr pipe off 2 days ago to clean the turbo with mr. Muscle so I'm gonna do it again and blank off whilst I'm at it.

Anyone got any pics of how to blank EGR valve?, and whats all this about Mr Muscle and cleaning your turbo??

If you look back over the last couple of pages, you'll see threads covering both those topics :)

Any chance of all this crap being freed off damaging the cat?

I blanked my 1.9
Got engine management light on after about 15 miles

Anyone know how to sort this, or is it just a case of taking the plate back out?

Gutted