BEX engined A4 190 1.8t boost problems (dealer has confused me!!!)

thetroublemaker

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I recently bought a BEX 190hp A4 quattro as above, and after having it revo'd have got surging and generally bad boost after 200 miles.

The technician at Revo has been really helpful and has pointed the finger at my n249 valve. The issue is i cannot find it and my dealer says it does not have one fitted!!!!

Under the inlet manifold the car has 2 of 026906283H fitted to it which are linked - which i got as EGR solenoids, but my dealer says are 026 906 283J now (which seem to be a N75 - which i HAVE found i think) lower in the car.

Any ideas???

You have confused me also.. Has the car been scaned. Did revo do a before and after log before remap.. I have had my remap (badger5 Custom Code) same engine code BEX for over a Year without any problems apart from clutch,flywheel needed replacing

did you replace the standard bosch recirculating dump valve?? remaps also increase boost pressure which the standard bosch ones cant handle, i fitted a forge 007 p dv to mine..

Hi,

I have a 710N dump/diverter valve, a n75 and a grey plastic n249 which are as far as i can tell the three main components that would stop the car from maintaining boost.

Tomorrow i am getting my mechanic to replace the DV first of all, then if it still is surging the n75, and then trace the cable routing from the DV to the n249 or otherwise depending on whats in the car!!!

what you gonna replace your dv with?? its really easy to change the dv its located front drivers side corner just take the undertray off and you will see it.

mine did this, the N75 was the troublemaker,,

mine would surge at part throttle

i also have a forge 007p fitted now

your car does have an N249 fitted, it is indeed one of those valves you mentioned, one is the N249 (one closest the radiator end of the car) which allows the ecu to operate the DV and dump boost, the other is the N112 that operates the SAI