Dodgy central locking.

Big_Dave

Reaction score
It's starting to get a bit annoying now. I can lock / unlock the car by the remote and it will be fine for a day or two before it becomes intermittent and I have to lock / unlock the old fashioned way with the key. Sometimes it will randomly start to work ok again but I just end up reprogramming the fob. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

---

Last edited by a moderator:
tried changing the battery ?

mines doing exactly the same even with a new battery, dont want to fork out for a new key and it be the same...........

Dave I've edited your original post, did you mean to have a map to your door in the same thread as discussing the locking problems with your car?!

Ive been having lot of problems with mine too, got to the point where i was getting fed up with it, seemed to stop working when i put my key in my pocket. , replaced battery , no difference, scanned it with vcds , kept getting fault key 1 intermittant, One day i decided to open up the remote, give it a little clean and bent the contacts inside for the battery to ensure they are good, put it back together and its been 100% up till now.

Ive been having lot of problems with mine too, got to the point where i was getting fed up with it, seemed to stop working when i put my key in my pocket. , replaced battery , no difference, scanned it with vcds , kept getting fault key 1 intermittant, One day i decided to open up the remote, give it a little clean and bent the contacts inside for the battery to ensure they are good, put it back together and its been 100% up till now.

I shall give that a go tonight! I'm getting the car scanned again tonight as it's running poor so I will see what it comes up with!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave, what are you posting with? Everytime you post your location is posted in your signature!

It's my ****** iPhone! Stupid thing! Think I might of sorted it now!

mines been a pain in the *** since ive had it so 2 weeks ago ditted new battery and cleaned the metal prongs on the battery holder etc and touch wood been sweet since........ or have i just jinxed myself