Fitting recaros etc to my B6 - any top tips?

Reaction score
I've gone and bought a set of recaros from an S4 to go into my B6 avant. I'm well acquainted with swapping interiors in old coupes/S2s but haven't done an A4 yet. It will be all seats, door cards, glove box, centre console and steering column shelf. Does anyone have any top tips other than swapping the fuse to a 30amp? I could do with pointers on taking the door cards off and the actual seats if they aren't straightforward. plastics i'm happy enough with, especially after doing the double din conversion recently.

It all started innocently enough with a plan to put heated elements in my existing cloth sports seats but it became apparent that this would be pretty much insane to attempt. the pads from the donor seats kept ripping and the chances of putting the seats together again are slim to none. So I looked for heated grey cloth sports seats and accidentally found the recaros. I'd have been crazy not to buy them really.
warm ***** finnish winter here I come! :)

I takie it you have the wiring loom to go from the heated switches to the seats? I have done my saloon but not an avant but I guess they should fit straight in. A pity the sun is gone as it will be a long job if you have never done anything on your A4 interior. I suggest you get the haynes manual and just search this site for the write ups on most of the jobs you need to do as they are posted here somewhere. God luck.

I swapped my front seat for leather, theres the usual four bolts, i think they were allen key type. then theres a load of electrics underneath, get the seat unbolted then tip it back on the rear seats to reach the plugs. but they wired in quite complicated wound around etc, nothing difficult just time.

I bought some b7 sline ones first but then sold them on as the seatbelt is attached to the seat in the b6's i didn't want to mess about with it

very easy to swap
like you say bigger 30amp fuse
if you want the heated seats working you need loom from kufatec and the cc unit with seat switches
if its not from an avant you may need to put the fixings on the new seats for the rear shelf

thanks gents.
I have the kufatec loom in my pitifully small garage and have already fitted the new climate control unit (ended up doing a full double din conversion after buying a B7 double din climate control unit. god bless the 16 degrees).
James, thanks for the door cards link. I knew I'd seen it before. I'd actually appreciate the help with the spare clips, cheers matey.
Bez - good point re the fixings for the rear shelf. I'll be able to whip those bits off my existing seats and put them onto the new ones though won't I?

yep easy to swap over

I'm definitely looking forward to this mod if I can get a day free and a nice, warm, dry, spacious garage to work in. Fitting it all in an open carpark in 3 or 4 degrees isn't too appealing and until I've bough my in laws' house at the end of this year the glorious double garage will remain door-less (tragic)