one for the 2.5 TDI owners

Turkster

W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro
Reaction score
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Website
www.facebook.com
The Fuel Gauge,

My one seems to drop to under the red mark when the fuel gets into that area and then return back up to the 1st red mark later,
does the fuel pump send the fuel over to the 2nd tank when it gets low and cause the gauge to give odd readings? or it says its completely empty when its not but is low, then you put a £10 worth of diesel in and then it returns to the 1/4 of a tank reading, its done this since iv owned it 4 years now,

Last edited:
Don't know myself as I always refill with derv before it hits the red.

The Fuel Gauge,

My one seems to drop to under the red mark when the fuel gets into that area and then return back up to the 1st red mark later,
does the fuel pump send the fuel over to the 2nd tank when it gets low and cause the gauge to give odd readings? or it says its completely empty when its not but is low, then you put a £10 worth of diesel in and then it returns to the 1/4 of a tank reading, its done this since iv owned it 4 years now,

I haven't noticed mine doing that - it seems to behave as I would expect it to.
Didn't know the B6 had 2 fuel tanks - you live and learn something new every day!!:wtf:

Mine behaves pretty normally I think.

I'm not sure it has two tanks, it's more one tank two halves seperated by the prop shaft.

I'm not sure it has two tanks, it's more one tank two halves seperated by the prop shaft.
If it had 2 tanks would it not need two fillers?My guage behaves normally

my guage will get down to arround a quarter and stick there for a while then all of a sudden drops and the range left goes to '0' not brilliant but when you get to know its quirk its ok. I fill up when it gets to a quarter now, makes it seem cheaper to fill up:cool:

ah that may be a better way of explaining it, i was told that it sends the fuel from one side to the other when it gets low otherwise you would have a pool of diesel that is not used stuck in one of the sides, hence the sudden drop at the gauge when it gets to a certain level,