Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Headlight Switch

3rd Gear

Status
    Yep thats the one crazy88, Grangey good luck with the new switch hope it sorts your strange fault out, the company on ebay are based in Germany, it took 10 days for mine to come which isn't bad for this time of year
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I will certainly be updating this thread on whether its solves my issue (which it should) thanks again!

I have ordered it an they claim 4-6 working days- normally I would get deliveries sent to work but given the christmas break and the likely backlogs ive had it sent to my home address instead- heres hoping it turns up by the new year!

In the mean time.. i need to get tackling on replacing my numberplate bulbs... joy...
    2002 B6 A4 1.9 TDi 130 Sport with fully factory Votex kit.

Currently standard

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Ha! I attempted the number plate lenses on Sunday thinking "I'm sure I'll get it done in 2 mins". I gave up after 5 mins as it was freezing and I didn't have my drill on me.

Good luck with it!

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah i already attempted it on sunday... same as you, no chance. No figuring it when I can order some replacement covers etc before I give it a proper going over!

Currently standard

Loving the anonymity

Status
    I'm working from home tomorrow think ill be popping down to Audi as there's quite a few bits I want to get to tart the car up over christmas.

5th Gear

Status
    ive just clicked buy it now pabs how easy to fit are they ??? how does the old one come out, does it just pull out
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..
    now sold but still in the family, gone back in time to the cupra R again..

3rd Gear

Status
    really easy with the lights off push the knob/button in and twist to the right, the light unit can then be pulled out, diconnect the wires and thats it, if you look at post #40 you can see that i took the face plate off my original audi unit and put that onto the golf unit with the chrome knob
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

1st Gear

Status
    Paid yesterday, dispatched today, cant fault the service really

Currently standard

1st Gear

Status
    Turned up today...

Easiest thing EVER to fit.

Agree with the previous comments in that it doesnt feel quite as well made as the Audi one- nothing wrong with it, but simply put the "click" is much harsher on the golf one than the audi one. Im sure if someone was brave enough they could probably swap around the switching part/ springs to make it more audi like but it does the job beutifully AND SOLVED MY STARTING PROBLEM!

The reason it looks wonky compared to the Audi OEM, is the Audi switch the sidelights and main beam pictures stay at a level horizontal angle around the bezel, this version though the logos follow the lines of the circular switch. The switch isnt wonky in the car at all, its just the difference in how the things are printed.

I would swap mine over, but as you can see its condition isnt great and I love how fresh this makes it look, the Chrome works brilliantly in there too!

Thanks so much again for this suggestion!

Currently standard

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Respect to you guys for giving this a go
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

1st Gear

Status
    All credit goes to Pabs!

Currently standard

3rd Gear

Status
    Looks really good and does add a nice touch to that corner of the interior, i know what you mean about the simple click being a bit 'harsh' on the golf switch but i have taken min out a few times now and it is getting easier

1st Gear

Status
    just ordered one of these too, so thanks to original poster.

btw the reason the symbols are at a angle is because the golf switch has the side light at top centre where the audi one has light off at top center.

thanks again to orininal poster, saved me £60.

5th Gear

Status
    just fitted mine it looks sweet BUT just noticed that the rear fogs work with just the side lights switched on were the old one doesnt and the led changes colour for front fogs but not for the rears but other than that its sweet.....

thanks pabs for taking the chance for us all lol
    Last edited by marktdisport; 31st December 2011 at 18:09.
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

1st Gear

Status
    mark I dont see why any of the points you raised were implied as "BUT"'s as if they kinda limit how good it is? I dont see how being able to switch the rear fog on with side lights engaged is an issue or makes it less as good, nor the fact that the LED changes colour when you have the front fogs engaged- something that the standard ones never did which I actually think is realllly cool? Or do you mean to imply its not so good because this isnt how the OEM Audi switch operates is all?

Currently standard

5th Gear

Status
    grangey i was told yesterday from a mot tester that by rights your ment to see a display or switch lighting up for fog light warning im just saying it doesnt bother me but if your going to get picky then the switch isnt for you as stated i think its a real bargain and looks the dogs BUT if a mot tester is going to get picky it may be a failure..... other than that it sweet mine feels really good and not so cheap feeling as others above as stated......my oem switch displays a led for the front fogs and another for the rears were this new one only changes the front fog display to yellow and the rear display doesnt alter..... it's not a moan its a warning for you not to be dissapointed if you purchase one
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

1st Gear

Status
    Just put mine in yesterday and it looks great, don't know about anyone else's but when my front fogs come on the symbol on the new switch is green which I think looks class. I'll get a pic up.
    02 A4 B6 1.9tdi Avant sport 130bhp, 18" RS4's, Cruise control, Armrest, Ambiant lights, LED number plate bulbs,Pressed number plates, rear RS4 ARB, blacked out grills.
    Wanted : S line front and rear bumpers , S4 lower grill, s4 door blades

1st Gear

Status
    green? mine goes from red to amber I believe!

Currently standard

3rd Gear

Status
    Mines red to amber, get a pic up want to see this

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Widemonkeys View Post
    Just put mine in yesterday and it looks great, don't know about anyone else's but when my front fogs come on the symbol on the new switch is green which I think looks class. I'll get a pic up.
    Didn't your old one do that then?

1st Gear

Status
    No it was red to amber
    02 A4 B6 1.9tdi Avant sport 130bhp, 18" RS4's, Cruise control, Armrest, Ambiant lights, LED number plate bulbs,Pressed number plates, rear RS4 ARB, blacked out grills.
    Wanted : S line front and rear bumpers , S4 lower grill, s4 door blades

5th Gear

Status
    mines from red to yellow/amber for front fogs
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Widemonkeys View Post
    No it was red to amber
    Making me doubt myself now, I'm sure my Audi ones lights up green on the symbol when the front fogs are on..

Neutral

Status
    My standard switch;

front fogs on = green symbol,
    rear fogs on = amber symbol.
    2001 Avus silver Audi RS4.
    2004 Silver A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport LE.

1995 Byzanz S2 Coupe quattro - sold.
    1995 A6 Avant 2.5 TDi - sold.
    1993 80 TDI - sold.
    1990 90 2.3E auto - scrapped
    1989 Coupe 2.3E - sold.
    1993 80 2.8E quattro - sold.
    1990 Coupe quattro 20v - sold.

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    evening lads.
    bit of high jack but did not want to start another thread.

I really like the golf head light switch and had the idea about it going in to my old man's Touareg but he has auto lights.
    Did the golf have auto light option?

cheecky question, any one got a old spare switch for a test fit? I'll send it back. :-)

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

2nd Gear

Status
    Scott - would the Golf mk5 fit the touareg - being a newer model: VW OEM EURO HEADLIGHT SWITCH B6 GOLF JETTA PASSAT CC TOURAN EOS(AUTO)(VW HSB6) | eBay

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gavsman View Post
    Scott - would the Golf mk5 fit the touareg - being a newer model: VW OEM EURO HEADLIGHT SWITCH B6 GOLF JETTA PASSAT CC TOURAN EOS(AUTO)(VW HSB6) | eBay
    Good point.
    Worth a punt I think for that price.

thanks.

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

1.9tdi130 Avant FailWheelDrive

Status
    This is a really handy thread, my switch is 'ok' with only a little scratch on it so not desperate to replace it yet, but many other A4's I've seen suffer from grubby switches.

I was looking at this image and the switch has a metal-type ring around it, is this an option on A4's, aftermarket or DIY?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sgibson808 View Post
    This is a really handy thread, my switch is 'ok' with only a little scratch on it so not desperate to replace it yet, but many other A4's I've seen suffer from grubby switches.

I was looking at this image and the switch has a metal-type ring around it, is this an option on A4's, aftermarket or DIY?

Not sure - but I did see another writeup on another forum of a guy who bought an A8 switch ( as these have the chrome surround) and he swapped it over to his A4 switch..........here you go: A8 Headlight Switch Mod

Neutral

Status
    I;ve called up dealer near mine and got told the price for a new switch is 11 pound

2nd Gear

Status
    11 quid - you serious!

Status
    £11 for the whole switch? Audi? Sounds too cheap to be true, but I hope it is.

Status

My Social Networking

I can't see it to be honest. TPS trade price was £70 odd plus vat.
    Last edited by quattrojames; 2nd March 2012 at 16:18.

5th Gear

Status
    £112 with vat when I checked last year!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dolcevita4 View Post
    I;ve called up dealer near mine and got told the price for a new switch is 11 pound
    If your right, place an order for 100 of them....
    Im sure many people on here will double your money
    A4 1.9TDI Sport - 130 (B6) / Mods: None yet, just getting the basic right first

Neutral

Status
    well, I've told him headlight switch and i said i wanted to change it because mine is worn... well Ill have it checked out but definately not paying more than 30 for it ! If thats a mistake then I will just get the vw one.

Status
    I justy bought an A8 headlight switch on Ebay for £15, so will get the metal ring as well as a much tidier switch. But just realised the switch coming will have an 'auto' setting, so wont allign perfectly with the controls, and might not light properly.. ah well!

Status
    Ok just fitted this (the A8 switch ring), very easy to do, but cracking the A8 switch to get the ring off was a necessary evil. As mentioned, the A8 part I had also had the 'auto' setting on it, so I now turn my switch to 'auto' for the sidelights and then to 'sidelights' for dipped beam! But it lights up fine and looks great with the metal ring and non-scratched face, so I'm happy with it.

2nd Gear

Status
    Well done - get some pics up of the finished job!

3rd Gear

Status
    AZ have a look at the first page post number 34 is that what you were after

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast