AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    3rd Gear

Status

Heater flap motors - where to buy

Hi guys,

Need to replace a faulty heater flap motor, have cleaned all connections/linkages, stripped it down and re-lubed it, but still no joy...

Stealer wants nearly £90 + VAT, bloody hell.....

Was wondering where else to get one, wary of a breakers as no guarantee it will work, anyone know if the Seat Exeo uses the same system as it may be cheaper from them......

Or anywhere else that stocks them, Euro and GSF don't.....

Cheers

Steve
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    ebay around a tenner
    they always pop up

1st Gear

Status
    Ive just replaced my air recirculation one , tps wanted over £70 i managed to get one from a guy off ebay breaking a a4 he had , just fitted it , all fine.

3rd Gear

Status
    Swindon - home of the 'Magic' Roundabout.
    Is it fairly obvious (once you have the glove box off) how to remove and replace?

Also, I periodically have no air coming from the central vents when on AUTO - though curiously it always works when I press the button for the central vent only - any clues as to which motor is dodgy?
    B8 S4 Avant in Misano Red with some lovely toys!
    Prev: B6 A4 Saloon 1.9 TDI quattro Sport - great car.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    There was one on ebay for ages, £35 buy it now but I can't find it now.

This gives you an idea of what you'll see when you take the glove box out.

Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

3rd Gear

Status
    Very interesting... are those 3 motors the same? Same part numbers? And the green/orange levers - do they need greasing or not?

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    From memory the motor's are all the same, but please check that and don't just take my word for it. You can try greasing the mechanisms, but in reality it's probably the motors at fault.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

3rd Gear

Status
    Right, I'll take a look, thanks!

3rd Gear

Status
    Cheers for this guys,

Not sure if all the motors are the same, the one I need to replace is on the drivers side and a bit wary of bay stuff as a friend bought one and it wasn't working either, not sure if there is any way to test them either unless using vag-com.....

Steve
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

3rd Gear

Status
    They do all have different part numbers... well, the letters are different at the end, but that can make all the difference, e.g. Headlight switch with A at the end = standard headlight switch, same part number with B at the end = Auto headlights switch. ANyway, here's the part numbers with colours... (taken from vagcat.com which is an online ETKA)

Control motor for temperature regulating flap right rhd yellow V 158 – 8E2 820 511
    Control motor for temperature regulating flap left rhd brown V 159 - 8E2 820 511 A
    Positioning motor for defroster flap rhd green V 107 - 8E2 820 511 B
    Actuator motor, footwell flap / foot well flap rhd black V 70 - 8E2 820 511 C
    Positioning motor for recirculated air operation rhd blue V 113 - 8E2 820 511 D

Hope this helps!

5th Gear

Status
    I've had some success in the past stripping the motors apart and cleaning the potentiometer inside..... once you have the motors split in half there's basically an electric motor a couple of gears and a potentiometer which looks like disc ... it's this disc that fails it either gets dirty or just werars out inside.... if it's just dirty giving it a good squirt of WD40 of better still some circuit board cleaner can sometimes solve your problem.... the external linkages dont normally seize but the flaps can sometimes get a little stuck... dont forget also if you have dual climate there's a couple more motors on the otherside of the console
    1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
    2002 A4 Avant quattro 1.9 TDi

alcoholic pervert

Status
    I noticed yesterday I can't get anything out of the centre two vents - is that likely to be one of these motors at fault?

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benjie View Post
    They do all have different part numbers... well, the letters are different at the end, but that can make all the difference, e.g. Headlight switch with A at the end = standard headlight switch, same part number with B at the end = Auto headlights switch. ANyway, here's the part numbers with colours... (taken from vagcat.com which is an online ETKA)

Control motor for temperature regulating flap right rhd yellow V 158 – 8E2 820 511
    Control motor for temperature regulating flap left rhd brown V 159 - 8E2 820 511 A
    Positioning motor for defroster flap rhd green V 107 - 8E2 820 511 B
    Actuator motor, footwell flap / foot well flap rhd black V 70 - 8E2 820 511 C
    Positioning motor for recirculated air operation rhd blue V 113 - 8E2 820 511 D

Hope this helps!
    Apologies for reopening this thread, But I'm pretty certain I need to replace the first motor on this list; i.e. control motor for temperature regulating flap right rhd yellow V 158 – 8E2 820 511, on my B7.

Does anyone have a photo showing the location under the driver's side lower dash panel? Also, can anyone confirm this is the correct part for the driver's side.

Thanks.
    Last edited by jdp1962; 12th February 2014 at 08:48.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

1st Gear

Status
    I've just fixed my footwell flap motor. The one with the circular black linkage.

The worm on the motor was jamming against the gear. As the gear is only in contact with the worm for 180 degrees, I just turned the gear around 180 degrees as it was worn. Regressed it, job done.

The motors them selves are the same, it's the lever attachment (coloured bit) that is different between them, but is easily removable.

Fire up the Quattro!

Status
    Isn't there a way of recalibrating them via vcds on Audi? I've seen this done on a passat b5.5.
    2002 2.5 V6 Quattro
    Mods Done: Q5 Rear aero wiper. Front ambient light install. Led number plate lens. Towbar with 13pin electrics.
    Mods to complete: Sport shocks to go with Eibach pro springs. Fit 17" 5 star matt black wheels. Fix lack of torque at low revs. Get a custom exhaust system fitted.