O/S Doors opened not recognised!!

lockie2002

In the Fast Lane!
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has had this problem before and how do you solve it, when i open the doors on the drivers side my car doesnt recognise that they are open so if ive just unlocked the car and left the door open for a period of time without putting the ignition on it will lock itself also when ignition is on it doesn't show them open on the display. Passenger side all fine!

What could it be??

Cheers Steve

Door lock microswitches jammed or broken i would say. There are a few that say a squirt of wd40 in the right place will sort it if its jammed.

mine done similar thing m8 check the wiring in the rubber boot.... between post and door mine broke inside the boot seems popular issue

ok will check these cheers where is the microswitch situated?? is it common to happen on both front and rear door at the same time or overtime don't actually know how long its been like this only had the car 2 months!

Thanks again

Does the interior light come on when you open the doors on the drivers side, worth checking the stuffs mentioned above

It seems odd that both the drivers and the rear door is doing this if they have both gone fautly at the same time, def worth checking the wiring and lube up the locks,Im pretty sure the micro switch is located inside the door lock/latch assembly, someone can correct me if i am wrong. Also do the doors lock and unlock ok?

Mine has this problem to but only on the passenger front door do you think it could just be the wiring loom,if not where do you squirt the wd40.

microswitch is in the lock mechanism itself the little plastic pin wears down over time stopping the contact, my loom broke causing this but only my drivers side front door not the rear aswell unless they linked of the power supply, i noticed mine as when i opened the door wide open my electric window stopped working and shiut the doors was working fine again

The drivers door is intermittent now so I presume this is the microswith as when I bang near the latch it recognises it's open but the driver rear is still not recognised, will have a play at the weekend!

Thanks for all your comments, really big help

Cheers:thumbsup:

Hi still got a problem with my passenger front door,the door doesn't lock while all the others do,no interior light doesn't come on when open and it doesn't show up on dis when open either.funny thing is the window switch lights up and the window works but the red light on the edge of the doesn't light up when open.ive checked the door loom for breaks and is clear,has anyone got a clue on what it could be.

Hi turkster do you think that's the problem,how much for the mechanism mate.

i would check the wiring first its free to check!!

my boot did the same not so long back and it was the wiring

either the wiring or the switch i recon so next would be switch