Anybody running Jom coilovers??

boya

Reaction score
Just a quick one really, any idea what they are like?? Am on a budget and noticed that DPM sell them.

Only car I have run them on is a VW Bora, I set them pretty low, never got any knocking from them, the ride was rather firm but I didn't really mind.

Am thinking about buying a set but have read a couple of threads about the rear of the car sitting really high even with them set on the lowest setting??

Hi, i'm currently running JOM's Blueline set up on my A4 b6 1.8T Quattro as they were cheap & due to a sheared rear spring and leaking shocks they needed replacing quick (but sooner than i was hoping).

Anyway, I wasn't planning on keeping them too long mainly because i thought they were TOO cheap if you know what i mean? and wanted to keep upgrades to quality, proven parts.

But, i'm still running them now after 8 months with no problems.

The ride height CAN go ridiculously low (up to 100mm with no issues on the rear!). The shocks are pretty firm so you can feel the bumps more (speed bumps should be taken with caution), but cornering has improved significantly compared to my SE set up which at best was like a boat. The one thing i would say is that the springs seem quite soft so expect a bit of bouncing still on dips etc, but again an improvement on the SE.

My wheels are the 18" S-line 5 spokes & I have the height set so if you put a ruler on top of the tyre (sticking out of the arch) the arch will sit exactly on top of the ruler. This is my best description as i didn't measure exactly!! But it does ensure all 4 corners are the same height i guess!

I'd stick some pics up but unfortunately the old girl got in a fight with a deer so she's on the mend at the moment (new bonnet, upper/lower bumper, grilles, light and wing). Yep, the deer kicked her ***!

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any Q's.

Cheers for that mate, that's exactly what I wanted to hear :) only difference been is that mine is fwd so the rears are different, think I might just go for them and hope that the rear can go as low as yours. It will be after the winter though as It's a bit of a snow plough anyway and dont really want to make it any worse lol. Cheers for all your help anyway bud. Hope you get yours sorted soon after your run in with bambi. Did you fit them yourself? Cheers. Andy

Thank & no problem mate.

Me & my mate fitted them and tbh they were a f*****g nightmare . . . . . he's a lot more mechanically sound than i am so i pretty much left him to it though.

If i were you though (hindsights a ******) i would set everything as close as possible to the height you think you would want before fitting them because it takes so many turns of the collar just to move it a noticeble few mm, and it takes about 6 goes for one complete rotation due to the lack of room for the 'C' spanner so imagine if you're no where near your preferred height . . . . . . like i was! If in doubt set them higher not lower as its much easier depressing? the spring rather then compressing it.

Also, this job will be impossible in my opinion with out a spring compressor. Some people i think have suggested using the jack but i really can't imagine this being enough although we didn't try.

What else . . . . . you will need to drop the rear subframe to fit the rear coilovers but this should all be covered in a 'how to' somewhere on here i'm pretty sure. If not, this seems to be the best 'how to' i've come across so far (its not the one i used though as i didn't find this until after). You'll also find a list of other very useful guides on the right. This is i site i visit quite frequently now.
Mod: Sorry if its frowned upon posting links to external sites, im really not sure. Feel free to remove.
But for now . . . .
:: a4mods.com :: - The Premiere Audi A4 Modification Guide and Pictures Library

Good luck