HID's "in lights" question

Grangey.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im soon going to order some HIDs and going from the guides I have a question around mounting them in the light.

I note that you have to cut out the plastic to gain access to where the OEM hids would be and then make your own cover to go back on.... well, given that there are screw points exsist underneath this plastic cover originally... do audi not make the covers themselves for models which do come with HIDs as stock?

The reason I ask is I dont have the facilities to make my own cover so would much rather buy one premade...

any advise would be great.

Thanks
Grangey :)

I don't think you can buy covers because the ballast on standard is the size of the cover you'd require. I.e it fills it perfectly.

Hi all,

Im soon going to order some HIDs and going from the guides I have a question around mounting them in the light.

I note that you have to cut out the plastic to gain access to where the OEM hids would be and then make your own cover to go back on.... well, given that there are screw points exsist underneath this plastic cover originally... do audi not make the covers themselves for models which do come with HIDs as stock?

The reason I ask is I dont have the facilities to make my own cover so would much rather buy one premade...

any advise would be great.

Thanks
Grangey :)

OEM HID's Retrofitting!

oem or aftermarket ?

aahh i see, so the cover WAS the OEM Hids, that makes sense thanks for clarification.

Bez itl be an aftermarket set I purchase

easy job then