Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    imported_larry1

Car phone kit for 2003 A4 Avant-recommendations?

Hi,

Looking to but a car kit for a Nokia 6230. Need a cradle for charging aswell as bluetooth. Where can I put it without it being in the way but yet accessible for use.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_CurryMilkShake

Re: Car phone kit for 2003 A4 Avant-recommendations?

Hiya - I have the genuine Nokia car kit for the 6230, which works very very well - they do a custom bracket which fits with the standard audi stereo, so there are no drill holes.. unlike a bluetooth kit it includes an aerial repeater so improves the signal and reception, charges the phone, and the audio is delivered through the audi stereo..

The bracket fits neatly to the left side of the stereo - im sure a carphone place could provide you the bracket if you were just wanting to fit a cradle on its own.. like all these things its a compromise, so while its a very secure and non-wobbly mount (unlike some cheap ones I tried) it does interfere with the drinks holder..

Here is a link to a picture of it all in place: http://woodbridge.fastnet.co.uk/audi/a4sportconsole.jpg

Here is another link to a company who do leather mounts for the A4, again to suit any cradle.. http://shop.dashmount.co.uk/images2/audiconsole.asp and they seem not to conflict with anything...

Hope this helps!

Regards, Ben

imported_larry1

Thanks a mill Ben! Looks like I will have to compromise drinks holder. How much did it cost?
    Cheers

Larry

1st Gear

Status

I have the same. It slightly fouls the canholder and the glovebox but not sufficient to stop either being used. Trouble is can't see who's ringing if the canholder's in use! Still its better than having the handset hidden in the armrest.