Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By linners
  • 1 Post By linners
  • 1 Post By gary3306

Thread: Traffic Light grand Prix - S4 vs Hanspree 600RR

Neutral

Status

Traffic Light grand Prix - S4 vs Hanspree 600RR

Found myself side by side, conveniently, with a biker ready for a challenge riding a Hanspree 600RR (which I think is a variant of the CBR600).
    I wait patiently for the lights, just chilling and ticking over, once they change I decide against a stupid clutch detroying 5k clutch drop and get away smartly with foot to the floor quickly - 1st gear 7500rpm change up, same for 2nd. I managed to nail him at the start but noticed him gaining as I changed up to 3rd, but I keep pulling and he struggles to take gain or pass. Next set of lights turn red, brake and slow to stop. I won by a car length gaining me a thumbs up and admiring/surprised looks from biker.
    Why didn't I get an S4 sooner?
    B6 S4
    MillTech
    Uprated Brakes, Braided Lines
    Eibach ARBs
    Carbon Roof
    AMD, 351 BHP
    Best MPG 33.6
    Av MPG 25.5

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    As a biker, I can honestly say that he didn't know what he was doing or left it too late before he realised how "quick" your car is On a straight, up to legal (cough) speeds, you don't stand a chance (if the road is dry). Throw a few bends in the equation and it's a different story :?

Neutral

Status
    No doubt, still a scalp though
    B6 S4
    MillTech
    Eibach ARBs
    Carbon Roof
    AMD, 351 BHP
    Best MPG 33.6
    Av MPG 25.5

Neutral

Status
    True.... If I find that biker. I'll have a few choice words with him - letting the side down like that
    stu_m likes this.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    yep im a biker aswell
    that lad bloke didnt know what he was doing

1st Gear

Status
    yeah im with the biker too, a 600RR which is capable of around 0-60mph in 3.1 seconds.

Good fun though
    Ross, MK5 Golf - R19 DUB, Audi A6 C6 - R19 RRW

Reverse Gear

Status
    The guy I think was ready in a way as he was glancing over when lights were red and knew what was coming. Hitting 60 in 5 secs, without a clutch dump which would have brought it down, will trouble many bikes/bikers that don't get things 100% right. I am running over 350bhp (proven) with increased rev limit. Shame there weren't some corners involved and I would have really whooped his leather-clad ass

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    even at 350hp still aint a match for a RR IF the rider was good
    im running more than you and i cant out run my bro on his R6 standard or my R6 with power comander etc etc

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    even at 350hp still aint a match for a RR IF the rider was good
    im running more than you and i cant out run my bro on his R6 standard or my R6 with power comander etc etc
    What mods are you running? I have the milltech and AMD remap + perf filter. Would like more power but I am guessing it then goes into the big money?

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    im running 2.0T not s4

Neutral

Status
    No matter what you do to your car, it won't do 0-60 in ~3 secs which is what these bikes can do with an "enthusiastic" rider
    Avant4me likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by linners View Post
    No matter what you do to your car, it won't do 0-60 in ~3 secs which is what these bikes can do with an "enthusiastic" rider
    Correct - a moderately fast bike will return approx 400 - 500bhp per ton. That power to weight ratio will get you to 60 in under 4 seconds. For me to get that power to weight ratio, I would need approx 700 bhp.

Way beyond any A4 I've ever seen!!
    2003 A4 Avant 2.5TDi 180 Quattro Sport in Light Metallic Silver, Remapped to 220 by ProTec Motorsport, RS4 18" x 8J reps, Falken F452 tyres, 10mm H+R Spacers, Matt Aluminium Mirror Covers, Heated Mirrors, S4 Door Blades, Continental TS830p Winter Tyres on 5 star 17" Sport Alloys

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh126 View Post
    I would need approx 700 bhp.
    Bez has more than that.

Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Neutral

Status
    Yeah the cbr wasn't even trying, bike plus rider about 250kg and 100hp for ease of working out equates to 400 bhp per tonne, b6 s4 is what 1650kg and 340hp equates to 200bhp per ton.

You need something like Godzilla skylines or gt2's to take a sports bike on in a straight line, throw in some corners and heavy braking tho like was said earlier - and the car catches up.

That said any girl can drive a car, bikes are awesome!

As much as I love my S4, if I had to choose just one - it'd be my ZX6 everytime!
    Last edited by nickb834; 26th September 2011 at 21:32.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nickb834 View Post
    Yeah the cbr wasn't even trying, bike plus rider about 250kg and 100hp for ease of working out equates to 400 bhp per tonne, b6 s4 is what 1650kg and 340hp equates to 200bhp per ton.

You need something like Godzilla skylines or gt2's to take a sports bike on in a straight line, throw in some corners and heavy braking tho like was said earlier - and the car catches up.

That said any girl can drive a car, bikes are awesome!

As much as I love my S4, if I had to choose just one - it'd be my ZX6 everytime!
    Do you keep your donor card handy ? I bet is fun going first class to heaven, it's good the body bag is mandatory on bikers- saves the coroners the hassle of sweeping them off the road at the scene ! There are many cars out there that can outrun bikes but most of the time power to weight wins so the bikers get the scalp !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Bez has more than that.

would be fun if i had

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    Do you keep your donor card handy ? I bet is fun going first class to heaven, it's good the body bag is mandatory on bikers- saves the coroners the hassle of sweeping them off the road at the scene ! There are many cars out there that can outrun bikes but most of the time power to weight wins so the bikers get the scalp !
    i take it your not a biker then !

6th Gear

Status
    I used to have a bike for a summer a few years ago, never again mate ! It might be fun in the dry and the quickest way from A to B but i have many friends who lost their lives or got badly injured due to riding motorbikes. The last one is spending time in intensive care in Holland with torn legs and severed arm. Been there for 3 months now, he was on it's way homme after spending a year off uni ! Let's say that he's not going to ride a bike again ! Another one (a sparkie) decided that using his van to work takes too long to get from Southgate to Crouch End in London so he bought a Piaggio scutter. A white van gave him a "push" and he's homme bound with titanium plates screwed inside his hip and legs, he's not going to work for up to 6 months and his whife is barelly making ends meat so they can keep paying the mortgage ! Is it worth dying for ? I don't think so...
    FOR SALE:
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    but all that can happen in a car

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    but all that can happen in a car
    All that can happen crossing the road, but it's more likely to happen riding a bike.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    if you look at the stats tho
    more people die in cars than on bikes

2nd Gear

Status
    bez101 your running over 350bhp in a 2lt turbo. what mods have you got

well you better unsell them, sharpish!

Status
    I miss my Bike

2003 2.0 FSI SE A4 Avant

1st Gear

Status
    if you look at the stats tho
    more people die in cars than on bikes
    True, but there are 38million cars, and only 1million bikes. So the bikers amount to 2.6% of car drivers. Proportionately, the bikes have far more accidents.

Not knocking bikes - they are fantastic if you like going fast.

But I reckon that, if I were still riding a bike like I did when I was in my early twenties, I wouldn't be around now.

What a sobering thought!!
    2003 A4 Avant 2.5TDi 180 Quattro Sport in Light Metallic Silver, Remapped to 220 by ProTec Motorsport, RS4 18" x 8J reps, Falken F452 tyres, 10mm H+R Spacers, Matt Aluminium Mirror Covers, Heated Mirrors, S4 Door Blades, Continental TS830p Winter Tyres on 5 star 17" Sport Alloys

5th Gear

Status
    The only real couple of underwear marring moments I've had whilst out on my bikes, have been whilst doing the speed limit or under in 30mph limits believe it or not. I wonder if you can guess what they have involved. I don't think it'll take very long for someone to get it, especially the bikers.
    Avant4me likes this.
    2012 RNSe Navigation Discs with unit software update. PM me.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gary3306 View Post
    The only real couple of underwear marring moments I've had whilst out on my bikes, have been whilst doing the speed limit or under in 30mph limits believe it or not. I wonder if you can guess what they have involved. I don't think it'll take very long for someone to get it, especially the bikers.
    its never the car drivers fault tho

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    I used to have a bike for a summer a few years ago, never again mate ! It might be fun in the dry and the quickest way from A to B but i have many friends who lost their lives or got badly injured due to riding motorbikes. The last one is spending time in intensive care in Holland with torn legs and severed arm. Been there for 3 months now, he was on it's way homme after spending a year off uni ! Let's say that he's not going to ride a bike again ! Another one (a sparkie) decided that using his van to work takes too long to get from Southgate to Crouch End in London so he bought a Piaggio scutter. A white van gave him a "push" and he's homme bound with titanium plates screwed inside his hip and legs, he's not going to work for up to 6 months and his whife is barelly making ends meat so they can keep paying the mortgage ! Is it worth dying for ? I don't think so...

I agree. I have never had a bike, except a 50cc one when I was a lad. I like the Idea of owning one and always treat them with respect when I see them on the road.but the stats speak for them self.All my friends have had fast bike gxr's /rsv milli's/blades ect all of them have been off and one of them cant run anymore (more of a slow hobble). My mum was a A+E nurse for 15 years and the nickname on the ward for bikers were "organ donors".I think maybe you have to be a certain breed to be a proper biker

Neutral

Status
    I've been riding for 23+ years. I had a few minor bumps during that time but my last major "off" in 2005 was partly my fault even though the driver pulled out from a minor road into my path - I should have been able to stop in time There's almost always an element of blame on the rider's part in an accident (unless for example you're stationery and someone ploughs into you!) as we should be more observant being so vulnerable. I decided to take my IAM bike test last year and can honestly say that it is an eye-opener as to how to ride a bike AND be safer. Accidents will happen and riders will always come off worse in an accident but a lot of these accidents are avoidable by the biker with proper advanced training. More training should be given to all motorists to make them aware of bikers and that should save few more mates lives/limbs/livelyhoods... Motorbikes are fun, covenient, etc. and certainly not worth dying for. I ride for the sheer thrill of it which means occassionally trashing any "sports" cars at a traffic light GP if the mood takes me

1st Gear

Status
    I've been riding for 23+ years. I had a few minor bumps during that time but my last major "off" in 2005 was partly my fault even though the driver pulled out from a minor road into my path - I should have been able to stop in time There's almost always an element of blame on the rider's part in an accident (unless for example you're stationery and someone ploughs into you!) as we should be more observant being so vulnerable. I decided to take my IAM bike test last year and can honestly say that it is an eye-opener as to how to ride a bike AND be safer. Accidents will happen and riders will always come off worse in an accident but a lot of these accidents are avoidable by the biker with proper advanced training. More training should be given to all motorists to make them aware of bikers and that should save few more mates lives/limbs/livelyhoods... Motorbikes are fun, covenient, etc. and certainly not worth dying for. I ride for the sheer thrill of it which means occassionally trashing any "sports" cars at a traffic light GP if the mood takes me
    I had an accident (over the handlebars - a over t) when a dog dashed out unseen from a side road, and I had no chance of avoiding it. It's the vulnerability and relying on other people (and animals!) not to do something silly which decided me, in the end, to give up riding. Miss it immensely, though - nothing on the road comes close to the thrill and excitement of riding quickly down a twisty road - even an Audi Quattro Sport!!! (BUT - next best thing........!!)

Neutral

Status
    But i whooped him, lol
    Now if I was driving my mate's Aixro, I would also have whooped him - now that is fast and more fun than a bike....
    B6 S4
    MillTech
    Eibach ARBs
    Carbon Roof
    AMD, 351 BHP
    Best MPG 33.6
    Av MPG 25.5

The're Graphite not black!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulli View Post
    But i whooped him, lol
    Now if I was driving my mate's Aixro, I would also have whooped him - now that is fast and more fun than a bike....
    Have you taken leave of your senses man ?/\ I doubt any car is more fun than a bike.

Official Fan Club member No 001!!

6th Gear

Status
    ^^^^Apparently the new TTRs is more fun than a bike, 0-to 60 in under 4 sec. with a glorious engine roar. Up to 500 bhp with just a good remap and few hardware mods ! Can't beat that and it can stop too !
    FOR SALE:

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Avant4me View Post
    Have you taken leave of your senses man ?/\ I doubt any car is more fun than a bike.
    Aixro rotary kart, 50+bhp, 85kg, 60 in sub 3 seconds, 2" off the ground, yeah more fun

190 S LINE QUATTRO

Status
    I also miss the old ZXR 750 i had for years. What about an Ariel Atom, now that looks like fun, possibly quicker than most sports bikes around a track!!!!