Xenon Headlights - Sidelight change

• Thread starter imported_ChristianF
  • Start date
I

imported_ChristianF

I have a 2004 A4 with xenons, but the sidelights are crap, they look yellow in comparison with the white light of the headlights, I have seen several different types of bulbs that claim to be compatible and look more like the xenon, but have read differing opinions on their performance.

Has anyone fitted these sorts of bulbs and can recommend a decent set?

Get some While LED's thats your best bet, they look better than the yellow of the standard ones, I have not got them yet, but will do.

got some leds for my A4 from ace parts four leds need to modify them so they will fit but not to sure if they will work put some in my wifes A3 which has w5w fitting the looked great until i switched the Xenons on and they went off dash showed bulb failure no one does a h6w fitting side light apart from tanturmwerks in the USA but they look like ba9 that have been changed.

I want to do this as well but after having a look I think I need to pull the head light out. There's not a lot of space with the V8 in the engine bay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I wouldnt bother with the LED's the PIAA's are a great match i'll take a piccy some night this week. their 10 quid but worth it.

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I bought those Xenon ones off ebay ages ago....the ones advertised with foglights. Aint even fitted them i think they will be pants to be honest so aint bothered! only 3900K brightness anyhow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

I'm using Philips Blue Vision sides - H6W - in Xenon headlamps . They're very good, look almost white . I've got Osram Silverstars - H7- in the mains again no complaints very white compared to the normal OE main bulbs. If you have full DIS with bulb out warning don't bother with LED's they'll send the DIS crazy!! I got some rear stop/tails - just flashed when fitted , the Mrs has them in her Clio now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

I have full DIS can you just tell me what are the best bulbs and what i need for everything at the front.....main beam, dipped, whatever i need for best xenon effect! cool guys thanks much appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Derek, what bulb fitting do you have on your car? I also have the phillips blue sidelight bulbs fitted, not too impressed.The ones from a company called HOEN may be worth a look, they do lots of different fittments and have quite a good web site.

I can't get PIAA bulbs to fit my car, what alternatives do I have, the Phillips ones seem to have a mixed opinion....

Frank,

Did you remove the headlight or access it from the rear? I had a look at the latter option and couldn't see a way to do it.