o4s4 is pushing???

skiizier

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has had or heard of the following: I have an 04 S4 and sometimes it seems as if the rpm's are hanging up and makes the car almost accelerate on its own when i have my foot off the gas and am trying to decelerate...and when i push in the clutch during these times the rpm's hang up for a bit and then drop???? ANYONE???

Yeah it happens on my Automatic especially after accelerating the revs hang at 4 K for what seems like ages and doesnt want to come down. It only happens now and again though

Read the thread below "If you have an S4..."

This may solve your problem.

Dealer checked and didnt find a problem they said to just keep monitoring it and if it gets any worse then to come back again....very weird!

I'm guessing skiizier04S4 has a manual .... given that he mentioned his clutch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing skiizier04S4 has a manual .... given that he mentioned his clutch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You could be right!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

errr sorry for the confusion. It was in response to CJ B6 2.0. I guess I was typing as you posted.

Well i have read your previous posts on this problem and i have had exactly the same problems with my multitronic A4. So i doubt it makes any difference with Auto or manual. Or even whether its A4 or S4 but its something fundamental which both cars have installed which is causing this similar fault.

Yeah...she's a 6 speed! I haven't taken it to the dealer but by the sounds of it...dont know if its worth it!

Did anyone else notice a dramatic decrease in HP after 1000 miles? Is that normal...or maybe I was just getting used to the rush while driving the car for the first time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif