Juddering clutch after only 10,000miles? Fubar?

haytch75

Reaction score
Maybe some forum members have had this same problem and I'm wondering how you tackled it?
Over the past few days my car has been juddering on setting off like the clutch is dying. After about 5 minutes, once the car warms up a bit it's fine. I did some quick web-fiddling and it seems to be a common fault across VAG cars involving condensation or moisture on the pressure plate and flywheel, the solutions aren't as clear though. There's some people who have had clutches replaced under warranty........and some who just live with it as a normal characteristic of the car. I have no warranty and the clutch and DMF were replaced 6 months and 10,000 miles ago. Obviously a bit concerned. Any help/advice appreciated.

I wouldn't worry too much. Mine does it as well, just once when it's cold at the junction at the end of the road. Once warmed up it's fine. I had a new clutch/flywheel approx. 30k ago so I'm fairly happy it's not them, and it hasn't got any worse as time's gone on.

I read this on uk-mkivs.net a long time ago. It was suggested there that you should bring the clutch up very slowly in 1st or 2nd when pulling away to quickly get some heat into the flywheel/pressure plate and get rid of the moisture.

i also get this some times in the morning i ride the cluch to stop it as some times feels like the engine mounts are loss lol

HA!
Mine started 2 days ago, I've been thinking my clutch was ****** again.

Happy now. Good lads!