If you have an S4....

Scotty

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
My car was at the dealers for the last two days.

[1] TSB Link Idle pulley TSB - This TSB resolves the horrid noise you get for the first minute or so when it's cold.
[2] TSB Link Afterun coolant pump - This runs a coolant pump after the ignition is turned off. It only does it when the car is very hot but I though it was worth getting done.
[3] The Throttle s/w update. This makes the thottle more useable i.e. it gets rid of a lot of the jerkiness when you're trying to progress in stop/start traffic. I had AMD remove the chip last week as this can't be done with the car chipped (apparently).My wife just picked me up from the train station and she said it's smoother. I drove for about 6 miles with a mix of dual carriageway and some queueing traffic. Based on this short test drive I'd say that it is definately worth having it done. It's as if the 0-100% of throttle is now over the whole range of pedal travel. This means when I wanted to slightly increase or decrease speed I could do so without any lurching. It seems the throttle is no longer over sensitive. I've yet to plug in VAG-COM to check the throttle body settings but so far I am really happy with having it done.

The next stage is return the car to AMD to get rechipped. I intend to have a dyno before and after as I thought it would be interesting to compare a full Milltek system (dps, cats, rear box) with this plus the AMD chip.

just as a matter of interest, are they charging you for the "unchip - rechip"?

yep Stage 3 (as per sig! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

AMD couldn't do the s/w but this was fine as I didn't expect them to. Audi themselves have been crap with this issue not AMD. If you want it done then try what I did. It's worth it.