Seats & Pedals

Z82

Reaction score
Website
www.nosmodified.com
Couple of niggles with my new car (2003 B6 S4) that I did know about before I bought it.

First is the drivers electric seat height adjuster does not work. I got the garage to strip the motor before I bought the car so I could have a wee look. The motor is working fine so Im guessing the actual housing the motor pin goes in to is maybe stripped, its a ***** to get out by the looks of it and the seat is at full height which I cant handle so my question is, until I can get round to checking the problem further, is there any way to manually adjust the seat as a temporary measure?

Secondly, this may be due to the seat height and I also thought I'd of gotten used to it by now but the clutch and break pedals are so high Im finding it hard to drive the car (accelerator pedal is fine but must be a good 30 - 40mm lower than the other 2). Is there any way of lowering these short of cutting and welding them?

TIA

Zed

did you buy it with the problems u mentioned ?

I've never heard of A4 pedals being particulary high, not helped by the fact your sat on the floor I imagine!

Get yourself a copy of ETKA from ebay and have a look at the make up of the seat is the best course of events I would think.

Well yesterday was spent wrestling with a Recaro :eek:
****** about for ages, not wanting to actually take the seat out as a) wasnt sure how the computer would react to me disconnecting airbags b) needed power to test things.
In the end I found a post on the net saying that it was fine to disconnect airbags provided I did not turn car on till it was all reconnected so once i did my initial testing I took the seat right out and OMG it wieghs a ton lol

Had the entire botom stripped to bits to get to the 2 housings that moved the front & rear seat height positions. Stripped the housings down and got them working... for all of 2 seconds. After playing about stripping, rebuilding stripping etc i came to the conclusion that the plastic wheels in the housings must have stripped slightly (could not see anything obvious but they were caked in grease and I didnt want to remove them) apparently to replace these I need to buy the whole mechanism including motors which I dread to think how much Audi charge so....

I put everything back together but in the lowered position I desired, only issue is these things are designed to be built at max height which made it a complete ***** but I got there in the end.

End result: No height adjustment but I dont care cos its at the height Im happy with so wont be getting adjusted by me and it feels like a totally different car. Pedals arent much of an issue now, although higher than the B5 they feel a lot better with seat at my height.

Will eventually buy the bits to fix this but thats on my to do before I eventually sell list which consits of 1 item lol