Colour Coding the Car

gavsman

Reaction score
Hi Guy's,
I am hoping to get the sides, front & rear bumpers colour coded, has any one else had this done, if so what would be the approx costs?

i get charged 170 for bottoms and sides

Thanks bez101 - is that price with you doing all the prep?

like hell if im paying someone to do it
they do it all

Reactions: gavsman
Sound's like a very good price indeed

wow that is a low price i was given a price of 250ish all in but ended up doing sides myself just had bumpers done

wow that is a low price i was given a price of 250ish all in but ended up doing sides myself just had bumpers done
Thinking of colour coding the sills on mine.
How did you do it? Did u use aerosols, or a spray gun?
I have two U-Pol aerosols, one metallic, the other clear (laquer).
Do I need primer?

I would deffo say Sanding to key surface then primer.

i had the paint made up and put into aerosols i used a plastic primer then the coulor then laquer

I have had 2 audis done and pay £130 for both bumpers and side skirts. I havent got round to doing my current audi yet.

this is mine

IMG00194-20101025-1243.jpg
IMG_3169-1.jpg

Your car is the same colour as mine - dont suppose you know the name of it?
Looks really good even with just the subtle mods. I was quoted £300+ vat for mine - think i will shop around.

Many thanks. Car looks cool, where did you get the side fins? and are those just s-line 17's? Kinda same look im going for on my avant - oem style. Is it lowered? Sorry for a million questions!

thanks mate i got the s.line door blades from tps the wheels im not sure but dont think they are s.line its the sports modle so some thing like 20 to 25mm lower than the se ones.

Last edited:
Nice one pal ill check tps out.Cheers.

Simon has the 17" "Star" wheels as fitted to later modeled Sport cars. S-Lines have 18" RS6 style wheels.

And Sports are 20mm lower than standard.

am i right in saying the sports are 25mm lower up to 2003 then was 20mm lower after that im sure i see it in a post on here the othere day

this may sound a bit wierd but i wonder how it would have looked like if you had not colour coded your lowers but still added black door blades? i am assuming the blades come in black, possibly quite similarly coulored to the lowers. i am sure i have seen black blades on colour coded cars before but never black blades on non colour coded ones!l

I personally think they look a bit stange - Looked on Ebay last night & there are a couple of sellers who have them & show them on a Red B7 but unpainted, I would rather spend a few quid & have them colour coded.

before a pinted them blue i painted them the same gray as the lower part and to be fair it look ok if you look at q james car he has them and in the gray and his looks good. me i hated the gray when i first got the car so it had to go really dont no why audi did this as its an old fashon thing they used to do on cars back in the 80s

in my opinion blades should be colour coded when fitted on cars with colour coded lowers, but have not really seen any cars with black / grey lowers wearing black / grey blades. i know q james has them on his avant but the car being dark grey makes the whole thing blend in. my car is light metallic silver with black / grey lowers. i hated them too when i first got it but now it really does not bother me. im just wondering what it would look like if i put unpainted blades on it, considering they ll blend in with the lowers..

like i say mate i had it on mine for a few mths and it looked ok not as good as in blue but still looked good

yeah thanks for the info mate, you wouldnt have a photo with the blades on before colour coding would you? is there any drilling involved to fit the blades?

no mate i dont sorry no drilling at all just open the door you will see to small screws ether end of the door take them out and then it slids off from front to back

As you say mine works because it's Dolphin Grey.

And I have S4 blades :beee:

yeah they are not cheap at all there was lots of ppl on here asking that ? most where coming back with £98 ish each

Yeah it would be interesting to know how much genuine ones are since "cheap ones" on eBay cost about £160! By the way I ve just decided that black lowers on a light coloured car create the illusion of being closer to the ground..

the price i was doing the oem ones for at the time was £300 that was to your door but that was still to much for many on here so i sold what i had and stoped buying them

Hey I've just bought an A4 1.8T Quattro and I'm looking for a place that colour codes the bumpers and sides. I see a few prices but no companies, can anyone suggest any??