RNS-E and DIS retrofit question.

JAS11N

Reaction score
Website
www.audifans.net
Morning gents/Ladies.

Been doing some pretty hefty searching over the last week or so. I'm about to do a single Din to double Din convertion and bang an RNS-E in.
One thing I've not been able to find out however is, once in and I'm starting coding to the RNS-E, can the nav instructions be displayed on a "non full DIS" ?
I've not yet got round to even thinking about adding the trip stalk and setting up the full DIS (though I will given some time)

I'll be doing a full picture run-through of the double din/RNS-E install as I do it.

TIA,
Jase..

yes it will work with proper codeing

Thanks very much mate, much appreciated.

Next question. Scanned car today with Vag-com (still can't get away with using new name) and in particular I wanted to see which SWCM I had for when I come to eventually do full DIS and also cruise.
Part number was showing a 8E0 953 549 "S"
I gather this would support full DIS, but not cruise. Sound about right? or am I way off?

Thanks,
Jase..

Last edited:
Anyone? :search:

Scanned car today with Vag-com (still can't get away with using new name) and in particular I wanted to see which SWCM I had for when I come to eventually do full DIS and also cruise.
Part number was showing a 8E0 953 549 "S"
I gather this would support full DIS, but not cruise. Sound about right? or am I way off?

Thanks,
Jase..

Cheers James.
That's another number to add to the list. Been on the search tonight and come across a few. "N" being the one mentioned the most.
All very confusing and making my brain ache :blink:

Ok, seem to be getting somewhere. Found this via google in a cruise retro-fit PDF.
Seems if I find any of these; M, N, P, Q, or R, they all support DIS and cruise.

F and S support DIS only.

Now to find one
Emoticon_digging.gif

• Lowline
    • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke)
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer (does NOT support Cruise Control!)
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-F 8E0-953-549-S
  • Midline
    • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke), Sport Steering Wheel (3-Spoke), Multi-Function Steering Wheel
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer, Cruise Control
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-L, 8E0-953-549-N
  • Highline
    • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke), Sport Steering Wheel (3-Spoke), Multi-Function Steering Wheel
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer, Cruise Control, Steering Wheel Heating
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-M, 8E0-953-549-P, 8E0-953-549-Q, 8E0-953-549-R

JAS11N did you do the full picture single din to double din RNS-E install ?

woulb be good to see it if you have :D

JAS11N did you do the full picture single din to double din RNS-E install ?

woulb be good to see it if you have :D

you want to see how the double din looks ?

im currently undecided if to perform the single din to double din conversion myself or have a proffesional do it.

ive got the pdf file of the retrofit but feel it isnt very clear.

Just want a full picture guide of the install if i do decide to tackle the job myself