Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    3rd Gear

Status

Exclamation Cruise control not working!!

Hello all!

Ive installed cruise control on my car and done the correct coding however it still doesn't work.

Nothing comes up on the dash to say its working.

I have searched in the forums however found nothing to be of use.

I heard something about the clutch pedal sensor could be a cause however how do I go abouts checking this?

H.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    i believe you can check the operation of the clutch and brake switches with VCDS, don't ask me how thou...
    A4 (b6) 2.5 TDi QS Saloon.

Neutral

Status
    When mine stopped working it was due to a faulty clutch switch. Remove the panel above the pedals (under the steering wheel). There are two switches above the clutch pedal, the one on the right should be White if original switch, mine was blue. I removed the connector and used a paper clip to create a circuit and my cc started working! I replaced the switch with a new one £15 from audi and it works fine! There is a thread on here for this that helped me a lot. I ve got a picture somewhere but I'm on my phone at the moment, will try to upload later. Hope that's your problem as it's easily fixed!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Have you tested the steering cu measuring blocks for the cruise stalk functions 1st, just so you know this is being seen at the 1st port as such.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by manosskali View Post
    When mine stopped working it was due to a faulty clutch switch. Remove the panel above the pedals (under the steering wheel). There are two switches above the clutch pedal, the one on the right should be White if original switch, mine was blue. I removed the connector and used a paper clip to create a circuit and my cc started working! I replaced the switch with a new one £15 from audi and it works fine! There is a thread on here for this that helped me a lot. I ve got a picture somewhere but I'm on my phone at the moment, will try to upload later. Hope that's your problem as it's easily fixed!

3rd Gear

Status
    Ive tested the switch via the measuring block on VCDS and it seems to be fine. As for the steering module, I've changed that from the "F" variation to the "Q" variation. I've read that it supports the full whack. However how do I go abouts testing the cruise function via VCDS.

3rd Gear

Status
    OK cruise control now sorted, turns out it needed coding in the engine too which is strange as majority "how to" don't specify this.

Now another "small problem". My steering wheel seems slightly (5 degrees approx) bent towards the right when going straight. Before I even opened the steering wheel to install the cruise I tipexed it so that I put the steering wheel straight. Now could this be anything with the steering angle sensor?

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    when u used the tipex
    did u do both wheel and spline ?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I would move it 1 tooth round to see if you just mis-marked it as such, easily done considering the size of the spline teeth

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

3rd Gear

Status
    What does the steering wheel angle sensor do, coz I was thinking it was the angle sensor that was causing the problem.