A4 Cab help.

roba4cab

Reaction score
Hi just purchased my first audi and a4 cab and was wondering if anyone could help me out with a few questions. It's an 04 1.8t in black.

- Can anyone tell me what the paint colour is called on it?
- I know from reading through the forum this is quite popular, but does anyone know of an s4 grill would love to get one?
- I want to remove the A4 and 1.8t badges from the back what's the best way and will it damage the paint?
- Does anyone know of any good rs or s alloys for sale? I know eBay but like using forums tend to get more honesty?

Any help would be great.
Thanks Rob

Congrats on your new car.
Mine is black and the colour is Ebony Pearl Effect, however I think there are a couple of other black colours aswell. There are a few ways of finding out, callling Audi with your vin number is one, they will be able to tell you how it came out of the factory including what options were included.

S4 grills come up on classifieds and e bay from time to time or from you can buy from Audi main dealers. Only a cab grill will fit though, the saloon and avant grills don't fit cabs. There are part numbers available on previous threads iirc.

Enjoy your cabriolet and post some photos so we can see.

Last edited:
I want to remove the A4 and 1.8t badges from the back what's the best way and will it damage the paint?

i used white spirit and dental floss, done it on 3 cars now, all been fine

Heat them up with a hair drier and gently pull the badge away. People have suggested you can use dental floss, but I've never found that necessary. Polish off the glue residue and you're sorted.

I used some fishing line behind the badges and then warm soapy water to clean off the sticky bits of glue etc. Followed by some Autoglym paint stuff to make the paint match where the badge was.