Volks AutosChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

B6 S4 good or bad

re s4 avant B6 good or bad

Hi, I have been considering buying a B6 s4 avant 6 speed and would like some info if you have owned one . I at present have an A4 B7 3.0ltr Tdi avant quattro 6 speed manual box. apart from fuel consumption will i have made a big mistake. Thanks.
    Last edited by gary911; 5 Hours Ago at 13:58.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    You have made a big mistake mate! What you should of done is wait for me to put my 2.5tdi quattro sport up for sale (later tonight or tomorrow) which is a full s4 replica with a full rs4 interior! That way you could have all the looks of an s4 but with the fuel consumption that your used to with your current tdi!
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Keep your tdi, I had a B6 S4 avant, mates got a B7 3.0 tdi & it is lovely, better than the S4 imho plus great fuel economy

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

4th Gear

Status
    I got a B6 S4, and am looking for the swap to the 3.0 TDI.

Nowt wrong with the S4 mind, lovely car. Fuel isn't as bad as everyone makes out (I average about 23 mpg, which compares well to 1.8T's, 2.8 V6's etc that I have owned).

I must admit though, I do prefer the way diesels drive personally, and am a boost addict, so looking for a fast tdi to replace it with.
    Looking for the right A4 Quattro. 1.9 TDI / 1.8T or 2.0T...
    My A4:http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/125399-my-brief.html

2nd Gear

Status
    I am biased so I will say its a good car. Not cheap to run but they are fast enough and do make make a fantastic noise, especially with an aftermarket exhaust system. It's all up to personal choice and preference really and what you actually want from a car and want it to do.
    B6 S4 4.2L V8 Cabriolet Black Manual Quad Milltek Non Res

1st Gear

Status
    I've had mine for year now and love it. It's not that bad on fuel when driven sensibly at times and cheaper on tax than newer models. Great low down torque but with top end sparkle the diesel won't give you. It's deceptively quick, may be a little boring because of the linear power delivery and solid build quality. Obviously an after market exhaust can liven that for you but I personally don't want the drone when i'm just cruising at my old man pace to work. My pennies worth!
    Silver 2003 S4 Avant

1st Gear

Status
    do it, i love ours especially now it has the milltek on it. as said the fuel doesn't have to be runinous i just try to avoid really short trips (have a 106d for this its a right old tos**r but serves a purpose!) hold the s4 in fourth gear and watch most things disappear plus they also have a better spec straight out of the box

Chocolate? It's doo-doo, baby!

Status
    Can't comment on an A4 as I've never owned one (dsmclark40v has an S4 now but did own some sort of A4).

The S4 is pretty immense - especially for the money.

It really does feel wrong for someone on my average wage to have something so powerful and luxurious.

All the time I get TDis thinking they're special cos their 2.5 or whatever has got a decent amount of torque. You'd be surprised at how much torque petrol engines develop when they're the size of an S4's (or turbocharged). The pickup is immense, even when you're one or two gears too high.

I should be getting a Milltek cat-back this week (cheers, Sam) so the power, luxury and the full-blown V8 noise really do make up for the fuel outlay.
    Audi S4 Avant (B6, 2004) in Goodwood Green.

Neutral

Status
    Good, simple
    Sorry, to expand on that, very very good, excellent in fact. Does that help?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi, i had quite expected the replies to say Don't be a fool thinking of changing from diesel to a V8 petrol, So for now i will still keep thinking about it . Thanks

2nd Gear

Status
    Thee best car I have ever had the pleasure of driving... A must
    B6 S4 4.2 V8 SILVER SALOON - BEIGE ALCANTARA - BOSE SYMPHONY - DRILLED/GROOVED FRONT DISCS

FOR SALE: £6750ono

Previous Cars
    .:R32 MKIV 3DR Pearl Black (Awesome car), Lexus RX300, Lexus LS400, Mitsubishi Shogun Sport V6, Audi TT Roadster 225, Range Rover Vogue 4.6 V8, Mazda RX8 231, Peugeot 307 CC 180, Subaru Impreza WRX 2.5, BMW520i, Lexus IS200,Golf GTi MKV, Audi A4 1.9TDi 130