1.8t mods - what next?

jammy84

Reaction score
For my 1.8t cab i have upgraded to 225 injectors, 225 maf, full decat system, front mount intercooler, i have also made a custom intake using a bmc cda carbon airbox, forge 007p, turbo intake pipe, ko3s-ko4 hybrid turbo by turbo centre uk;

What else do i need to get good power before getting my remap done? Been told i need to upgrade the n75? Not really looking to upgrade internals due to cost.

Someone is offering a live map for £350 using a dyno and before and after printouts, is this ok?

Thanks

Wow.. that's a fair bit, nice!

Revo are doing a remap for £199+ at the moment, that's what I have planned, after 16th Sep it goes back to £299+

it like a dump valve, It holds boost,
N75 is a bleed valve controlled by the ECU.

REVO will be a generic map so not worth it for the upgrades you have. To be honest I can't see anything else you may need other then upgrading the brakes.

£350 for a custom remap is a good price for sure and I would be intrested if yours comes out ok as I'm at the same stage has you.

Would be nice to see a picture of the BMC fitted has I have one sitting at home I was going to try and fit.

350 is a very very good price for a live map

5 speed box though :( clutch is quite high too. Any ideas?
Ok ill try getting a pic. i had to get a 180 degree 80mm silcone pipe to make it fit then used original cold air intake with a flexipipe to connect to the bmc
Ill prob get that live map done then.
Shall i get n75j?

Now you point it out a clutch will be a must due to the amount of torque you will be asking the clutch to deal with.

On my old B5 1.8T I ran a Southbend stage III it felt like stock and would be able to hold the power no problem.

You will have import duty to pay on top of that also. I would try to hunt down a UK supplier, but you may be better paying the duty if its too expensive over here. You should probably do your flywheel at the same time though.I had the N75J on my 1.8T golf, and it worked well. It may or may not be worth it on your set-up, but for all it costs compared to eberything else you have already spent, I would probably do it.Beyond that, I think you'll be good.

I'd be more worried about incorrect fuelling killing the engine at the moment running those mods without a map.

Get a custom map by somewhere who knows how to handle a hybrid as you can easily bend a rod on that setup.

Anyone hear of spec tuning? They do a stage 1 clutch which should do for my power?

Here is my induction setup

8a06f21b.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys i have the issues sorted now and my stage 3 map is on. I upgraded to an n75j and fixed the boost leak.

Now i am peaking at 20-22psi but only holding around 13-15psi

Is this normal? Should i expect more from this engine?

It is a huge amount faster now but i still feel like it has more to give...

Here a good explanation why the fun will end at 5000rpm when using a small turbo as K03, K03s and K04. It can't provide enough with air to the engine.
A GT28RS would be fine! 1.8T Turbo Upgrade Information - AudiForums.com

Up to 350HP (octane dependent), Ball bearing GTRS bolt-on turbo kit utilizing stock exhaust manifold in stock location. All hardware required for complete bolt-on. Completely stealth and stock appearing.
97-04 Audi/Passat 1.8T GTRS Eliminator Hardware Kit : atpturbo.com=

also here : 1.8T Quattro GT28RS Turbo Kit - 034 MOTORSPORT

upgrade your gearbox to a 6 speed miles better box

A good upgrade for better handling is RS4-B7 rear Sway bar. Cheaper than other like H&R and similar.
This is a direct bolt-on and original parts from Audi.

Sway bar (1 pcs): 8E0 511 409 AL
Rubber sleeves (2 pcs) : 8E0 511 327 D
Brackets (2 pcs): 8A0 511 439
Screws (8 pcs): N 101 277 07

About 150 Euro for all