Monster MotorsportEM Tuning

Thread: Spigot Rings

Neutral

Status

Spigot Rings

Hi. In need of some advice with regards to these. My Audi A4 Cabriolet has a set of replica RS6 18inch wheels fitted. The wheels have never located on the hub since I purchased them and they were not supplied with Spigot rings. I have been advised that these are needed and the absense of them will more than likely be the cause of vibration over 60mph. Contacted the wheel supplier regards to supply of these, less than helpful attitude and they tell me that even with the supply of the part number on the invoice I would need to measure the centre bore of the wheel myself to determine the size. I guess its a question of me finding out if anyone can suggest the common size spigot ring that I am likely to need?

2. # ADS
    ADS

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    most will be 66.6 which is a Merc cb.. The spigot rings are cheap as chips off ebay . eg 66.6 - 57.1... 57.1 Is the cb of all VAG cars.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

5th Gear

Status
    got mine of ebay m8 and they cured my vibrations etc

1st Gear

Status
    Yes - as has been said, most reps have a hub bore of 66.6mm, and A4s have a hub diameter of 57.1mm. Loads of spigot rings on the bay. I have aluminium rings fitted on my 18in reps, but, I beleive the hard plastic ones are just as good. the cheapest on Ebay are £4.95 for a set of 4, delivery free.
    They are vital to locate the wheels properly on the hub.
    2003 A4 Avant 2.5TDi 180 Quattro Sport in Light Metallic Silver, Remapped to 220 by ProTec Motorsport, RS4 18" x 8J reps, Falken F452 tyres, 10mm H+R Spacers, Matt Aluminium Mirror Covers, Heated Mirrors, S4 Door Blades, Continental TS830p Winter Tyres on 5 star 17" Sport Alloys

Neutral

Status
    Thanks very much for your responses and advice. I will get them sorted asap.