Best coilovers on an A4 Cab?

jammy84

Reaction score
Looking to lower the car and improve handling and grip. What is the best coilover set up I can buy for the A4 CAB?
My friend had Weitec Hicon GT on his cupra they were really good. Any other opinions please?

I have always had the FK Koneigsport suspension on my past cars and have found it to be a fantastic setup with never having any problems like you can get in the cheaper makes like leaking shocks etc...

I think they are a great all rounder on the road and track. And although I'd usually go for the more expensive the better as you always get what you pay for in terms of reliability and performance, they are definatly worth a look over the more expensive KW's, H&R's, and Bilsteine's.

I had FK konigsports on my old A3, they are very good, and the konigsports range uses Koni shocks, so a very good set up for your money, but, I did find them a tad hard on the ride, even on the softest setting on the shocks.

I can also vouch for AP's, had a set of those on my old S3, very very good kit for the money, transformed the handling yet kept the OE ride quality, much the same as my KW's, but then I have been told by several reliable sources that AP's are made by KW anyway so that would explain it.

So for good ride quality and comfort along with lowered stance grip etc then APs? Is there a variant of Aps i should go for?

For your money AP's are very very good, I'd much rather buy them over another set of FK's that's for sure! I can't comment on Weitec's though as I've never had a set. When I bought the AP's for my old S3 they were relatively new so only had the 1 variant which was fixed dampering with adjustable ride height, but I think they have now introduced a height and damper adjustable coilover.

From personal experience from having loads of both types of coilovers, I wouldnt bother with a damper adjustable coilover because they can be a pain in the **** to set up to a decent comprimise between comfort and handling, and when you do get it just right you leave it! So only worth it if the car is going to be used on track as well as road. At the end of the day the manufacturer spends millions in research on getting the fixed dampers just right, so that's good enough for me these days!