EM TuningSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Headlights with LED DRLs

Hi guys any thoughts on these, are they really plug n play with original wiring?

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
    A4 Cab 2.5 TDi, remapped to 195bhp, S4 Alloys, Blue over Tan

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Yes, they plug straight in. No rewiring, no cutting, no bulb failure warnings. Truly plug and play.
    A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

3rd Gear

Status
    I am unsure if they will have levelling adjustment??? Quite often they dont.
    Need pinstriping? : www.crazypainter.com

A4.. 1.8T.. Remapped .. Saloon.. Atlas Grey.. Votex Kit..

5th Gear

Status
    No they don't, you will lose your headlight height adjustment so the rotary switch is redundant. I got the DRL switch and fitted that instead
    A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

3rd Gear

Status
    Swindon - home of the 'Magic' Roundabout.
    Isn't headlight adjustment a legal requirement? (Unless you have xenons)
    B8 S4 Avant in Misano Red with some lovely toys!
    Prev: B6 A4 Saloon 1.9 TDI quattro Sport - great car.

5th Gear

Status
    Not if your headlight beam aim is correct. The adjuster is just there if you have a haevy load or towing a caravan etc

3rd Gear

Status
    I think it's a legal requirement that you have headlight adjustment on your car - whether auto-levelling or manual adjustment, not having it is an MOT failure.

5th Gear

Status
    No it isn't. I'm an authorised examiner and headlight levelling is not a testable item, only headlight beam aim

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by benjie View Post
    I think it's a legal requirement that you have headlight adjustment on your car - whether auto-levelling or manual adjustment, not having it is an MOT failure.
    Gary's right, Lots of cars don't have auto or manual levelling. Might you be thinking of the requirement to have auto levelling with xenons?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gary3306 View Post
    No it isn't. I'm an authorised examiner and headlight levelling is not a testable item, only headlight beam aim
    Fair enough, I stand corrected. So can you have a new car (without xenons/auto-levelling) with no way to adjust the headlights from inside the cabin?

5th Gear

Status
    In a word yes, but I can't think of any manufacturer who doesn't supply a manual switch for normal halogen lights.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for all the info guys...appreciate it
    A4 Cab 2.5 TDi, remapped to 195bhp, S4 Alloys, Blue over Tan

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gary3306 View Post
    In a word yes, but I can't think of any manufacturer who doesn't supply a manual switch for normal halogen lights.
    No where near new cars but peugeot 106's don't.

BTW those lights look awesome!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leigh258 View Post
    No where near new cars but peugeot 106's don't.

BTW those lights look awesome!
    Yea well I'm surprised Pug 106's have lights

and thanks, I like them a lot