EM TuningChris Nott
    Top Gear

Status

HELP with Cd player / changer

I have the standard Audi cd player with BOSE and the cd changer, now the problem I have is that when I get in the car the cd player says im on CD 4, plays nothing and theres only 2 CDs in the changer

To get it to play again from where the last journey ended I have to cycle the buttons by pressing the 'RDS' then 'AM' then 'FM' then 'CD' again and it'll start playing from wherever in the track I was when i switched it off

Now from there if I press to skip track it automatically goes to track 1 and wont let me skip again, so I have to press 'CD+' then 'CD-' again as if to refresh it and then it will work normally

I dont know if it has anything to do with the aftermarket Ipod connection but it is super annoying

Is this just a case of a scan to remove any possible error codes with it?

Any help appreciated
    Audi A4 1.8T S-Line Quattro (190) '04

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

2. # ADS
    ADS

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    So what headunit do you have? The symphony double din with the 6 cd changer built into it? Or a single din chorus or concert with a glovebox or boot changer?

I'm assuming you have a double din built in changer, in which case the aftermarket iPod connectioncould be the culprit causing you issues. My old S3 had this Headunit and when I fitted an aftermarket iPod kit it used to throw some random wobblies. Trial it by disconnecting the iPod kit and see how it effects it, that's the easiest and cheapest (obviously no cost) way of eliminating 1 thing.
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

Top Gear

Status
    Its the single DIN concert I believe with the glovebox changer

I'll try unplugging the ipod connection then and see what happens

Thanks

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Hmmm, well that's weird cos I've always been under the impression that you can't have a cd changer and an iPod kit connected at the same as they use the same multiplug at the back of the headunit, unless a previous owner has bodged it? Hence why it's behaving strangely.....?

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Dension do an adapter to allow you to run a ipod and keep the CD multichanger I bvelieve.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Top Gear

Status

UPDATE

So I took the CD player out and found this

No wonder it threw all its toys out the pram every time I turned it on, a right mess

Notice the bare wire showing, great

Tidied it all up, had to take the whole centre section off my dash to get the whole X CarLink system out

Result though, everything works perfect again, no more problems with the changer

Anyone wants an X Carlink ipod adaptor PM me

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    You think that's bad mate, you wanna see the mess that I discovered behind my Headunit when I pulled it out to fit the RNS-E! It was 10 times worse than yours. The previous owner retro fitted an RNS-D satnav but at the same time he hacked virtually every wire including the all important canbus wires to fit an aftermarket cd / DVD changer, an aftermarket tv tuner, and an aftermarket Bluetooth kit! All of which didn't work properly when I bought the car! I wonder why!

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Glad you got sorted though mate, audi electrical systems are a big headache.