Window Differences Between B5 & B6

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
After reading this thread about sun blinds (http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-...sis/127247-retro-fit-oem-rear-sun-blinds.html), crazypainter posted images about the vanstyle blinds and they look really good.
I'm not keen on the idea of drilling holes or having them sucktion stick on ones. I contacted Vanstyle who say they don't do the blinds for the B5s.
This then got me thinking, how different are they really. Would the B6 Vanstyle blinds fit in a B5, if so how bad would they really look?

This is my question to you lot.
Does any one know how different the B5 & B6 windows are, any one got access to a B5, who owns the Vanstyle blinds thats willing to do a test fit?
I don't have access to a B6 or the vanstyle blinds.

Any help or information would be great.
Holding the B6 vanstyle blinds to a B5 windows and taking pictures would be amazing. :)

Put it this way if the company could get them to fit a B5 I'm sure they would.

I don't think companies think like that or bother looking in to it.
Look at how many things people bolt to their car that was deisgned for something else.
If it fits and we know it fits, why does that company not list it as fitting?
Brakes for example or suspension top mounts, I bet there are others but I can't think of any right now.

Having just looked in the B5 section at some Avant pictures i can't see a massive difference in the window sizes, i have the vanstyle blinds and if anyone from the B5 section wants to email me the rough dimensions of their windows i will gladly measure mine and compare:eyebrows:

Having just looked in the B5 section at some Avant pictures i can't see a massive difference in the window sizes, i have the vanstyle blinds and if anyone from the B5 section wants to email me the rough dimensions of their windows i will gladly measure mine and compare:eyebrows:

Brilliant, thank you. I'll get some measurements up this afternoon when I get back.

I did some very rough measurements.
I did it from the in side, which seemed ok since that's where the shades are going but after I thought the outside might have been better.
Cause the blinds sink in side and due the curvedness of the window frames.
O well, They are possible only a couple of CM out, so nothing massive and enough for us to get an idea if they will fit or not.

All measurements are in CMs.

4da5eaab.jpg

64c330a0.jpg

Blimey those lines are nice and straight, i'm out for the day tomorrow but will take pics and do some measurements tomorrow evening.

Ok some rough measurements taken and sorry guys but it looks like a non starter,
Rear door window:
TOP: 54cm
MIDDLE: 66CM
BOTTOM:66CM
REAR QUATER WINDOW:
TOP; 54CM
MIDDLE:55CM
BOTTOM:58 CM
REAR SCREEN:
TOP: 109CM
MIDDLE: 120CM
BOTTOM: 131CM

Again these are only rough quides but if anyone has a B5 in my area i am willing to try them in one.

Ok some rough measurements taken and sorry guys but it looks like a non starter,
Rear door window:
TOP: 54cm
MIDDLE: 66CM
BOTTOM:66CM
REAR QUATER WINDOW:
TOP; 54CM
MIDDLE:55CM
BOTTOM:58 CM
REAR SCREEN:
TOP: 109CM
MIDDLE: 120CM
BOTTOM: 131CM

Again these are only rough quides but if anyone has a B5 in my area i am willing to try them in one.

They are so close as well, only a couple of CM out on each I'd say.
But they could be taken up by the way we messured the windows.

Where are you in the world?

I'm in Aldershot, but will be at castle combe in october