cd9789a6.jpg

958e1a13.jpg

Today's Mod: £6.50

Before:-
d3fe9fcd.jpg

After:-
27e9bca4.jpg

4c93e170.jpg

The 2nd mod is unfinished due to the rain! Only managed to do one wheel. Yes there is some paint on the discs, however this should disappear in a few days!

What do you think??

Really like both of your mods, Dude! Well done on the carbon wrapping, ..looks great when you get it right and you have got it totally spot on! Calipers - or caliper at the mo, lol - look exceptional behind those cracking wheels. Nice work! :wub: Paula x

The wrapping isn't really perfect, i haven't really got the hang of corner edges properly yet. There was also a join above the radio in the middle but you cannot see it at all. I want to do around the gear stick too but i haven't worked out how to remove it as mines auto.

dash looks good mate the red Calipers look good to i have it on mine for over a year now and it still looks clean only thing id say is i can see you painted the back of the pad to try not to mate it will look better and stop the bad from sticking.

dash looks good mate the red Calipers look good to i have it on mine for over a year now and it still looks clean only thing id say is i can see you painted the back of the pad to try not to mate it will look better and stop the bad from sticking.

I wasn't going to paint them however i have seen another car with the painted and they looked ok. I'm looking at replacing all the pads soon though along with the discs so after that i won't be painting them again.

looking good. did you paint the caliper in situ or did you take it off?

All i did was remove the wheel. cleaned the calliper etc with some megs APC and painted it straight on.

I like the carbon very much, keep promising I'll do mine soon.

I did my calipers too a couple of weeks ago, I took mine off (the mounting, not the car) and wire brushed and degreased them - either I went over board or yours will peel.....!

I like the carbon very much, keep promising I'll do mine soon.

I did my calipers too a couple of weeks ago, I took mine off (the mounting, not the car) and wire brushed and degreased them - either I went over board or yours will peel.....!

I did the exact same process on this car as i did on my last one, and they lasted for the whole duration i had the car. What paint did you use? I used satin black VHT and Plastikote Fast-Dry Enamel on the callipers.

i used the halfords stuff on mine over a year ago very good stuff

thats a good mod i did mine silver and it looks so much better now. even the wife liked it and wanted the calipers on her little suzuki done so all family cars have now shiny silver calipers. i didnt remove the calipers, just used some strong brake cleaner, wire brush and wrist action before painting. you just need a small brush and a tiny one for the details. i had done the same on my subaru (although i used red paint on that) and it still looked fresh the day i sold it 3 years later

Gloss black Hammerite for me.
I've heard that Hammerite is perfectly good for the job. I have a tin of "hammered effect" black (the garden gate came up lovely!) and think that might do a nice job when I can get it on a drive or in a garage somewhere.

Carbon wrap is top job, Really like it.

Bit of black paint makes such an improvement - makes the wheels look much sharper, nice one great value mods.