EM TuningBadger5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crazypainter

Thread: A bit more colour coding!!!

3rd Gear

Status

A bit more colour coding!!!

Bought a pair of Mirrors of fellow ASN member Simon, (thanks again!) and at the start of the week I prepped them, then two layers of primer, two of basecoat and three of lacquer. Having been left in the airing cupboard all week, nice and toasty in there, I decided to fit them today. They have not been polished or waxed as i will leave that at least another week to allow the gassing-out process. Cant wait to get them buffed up but they look surprisingly good for a rattle can and no finishing work whatsoever.
    They are in the same colour as my wheels, badges and boot trim.

AND A COUPLE OF RANDON PICS WHILST I WAS TAKING THE MIRROR PICS

Artimus likes this.
    Need pinstriping? : www.crazypainter.com

A4.. 1.8T.. Remapped .. Saloon.. Atlas Grey.. Votex Kit..

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    thats a nice looking colour what is it again

3rd Gear

Status
    Taupe Frost. Chrysler. When i was choosing the colour I was stood there with about 5 books of colour chips and was trying to choose a VAG or porsche colour but nothing looked like the colour I had in my head. Luckily the paint place near me are very good and let me take my time.........which I did!!!

6th Gear

Status
    its nice for sure

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Looks very good. Your car keeps surprising me!
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks. Its slowly becoming 'mine' ! I definetly saw it as needing a monochrome look to it. I am trying so hard to resist the urge to drop it, and new exhuast. Still thinking about getting the roof wrapped................

Neutral

Status
    I do see where you're going and a very good complimentary colour choice. Like a few I'm not set on the wheels, but it's not hideous and there's no question it stands apart from the crowd. How about smoking the headlights a little shade of grey?

3rd Gear

Status
    Mattyboyc recently posted a thread where he Lamin X'd his in light smoke(?) and it did make me think that may be suitable on this.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypainter View Post
    Mattyboyc recently posted a thread where he Lamin X'd his in light smoke(?) and it did make me think that may be suitable on this.
    That's what I had seen too. I think light smoke would be just right - subtle enough and would be in keeping. I may get it done on my own once I've fitted the votex bumpers, skirts and bonnet grill.

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    at 1st i did not like them, but when i see the whole car and how its done i quickly changed my mind, that sir is a fine effort and I award you 10 points for doing so!

3rd Gear

Status
    ha ha . 10 points nice!!!

5th Gear

Status
    Mirrors are nice mate, wheels not so nice (I prefer OEM look like RS6 alloys) and the sticker on the rear windows is.....wayyyy too much pimp my ride, clean it off, it'll look better imo.

B6 A4 1.9TDi 130Bhp, 18" RS6 Reps, iPod ICELink, S4 Grill, S4 Door Flares

1st Gear

Status
    im liking the cupra splitter,may copy that on my cabby

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by necroeire View Post
    Mirrors are nice mate, wheels not so nice (I prefer OEM look like RS6 alloys) and the sticker on the rear windows is.....wayyyy too much pimp my ride, clean it off, it'll look better imo.
    The'sticker' is actually pinstriped by my own fair hands and I know that its not going to be liked by many, but hey, thats what i do!! Funnily enough one of the comments posted onanother thread said that people would just presume it was a sticker and not realise it was handpainted. I guess I never think of it like that.

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Really liking that Jon! You've done a bloody good job to get a finish like that from a rattle can! It's the little subtle touches that I like where you have to have a good look at the car to pick up what has been customised on it. The front of your car looks well aggressive as well, love it! The LCR splitter makes such a difference, just gives it that extra depth.
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    I know there are a lot of 'haters' of the wheels, but I actually really like them! Definately different from the norm, and that's exactly why I like them. I think you've got it spot on with the colour combo mate. Your a stronger man than me at resisting the drop! I'd be so tempted to slam it a bit as I reckon that'll look hard as nails on those rims and the votex!! Do it Jon!!
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

3rd Gear

Status
    Took a rabbit on at 70mph and two things happenned, rabbit rather unsurprisngly is not around to tell his version of events and also the splitter got pulled off the left hand side of bumper. I hadnt realised the splitter got damaged until i got to work, a further 0.5 mile from where the murder occurred. It was folded back under the car. I had deliberately fitted the splitter with minimum self tappers so they would give way before the bumper if something like this happenned, pleased I did! Anyway despite it being, hit, dragged and folded back on itself, I was able to pull it from under the car and straighten it up. The technology in these materials is fantastic. Removed the whole thing washed it and blew it over with paint again and refitted. Decided it wasnt really worth properly prepping it as the winter will soon be here and its just not worth it.
    Last edited by crazypainter; 18th October 2011 at 22:03.

3rd Gear

Status
    Havent been here for a while! Been busy getting married, made redundant, new job, find out its a **** job so get another job, wife pregnant, its all go!
    Anyways, back on the car front. Sold the Holsten wheels I had on, they are now in Jersey goinjg on an A6 and despite not everyone on here liking them I could of sold them ten times over at £700.
    Anyways , i have now bought a set of Carlsson 1/12's that are currently at the painters, similar (ish) style wheel but Forged so incredibly light and a real nice shape to the face, not as flat as the Holsten wheels and much more aggresive looking wheel. They will be in the same colour as Holstens. The pics are just general ones, not mine and i will not be having polished lips, not me at all. These are pretty rare and can be crazy money, a set of the genuine centre caps are around £45 alone, each ! Cant wait to get these on!

Last edited by crazypainter; 5th July 2012 at 22:01.

1st Gear

Status
    Crazypainter what the ET of Holsten wheels in the first photos mate.

5th Gear

Status
    sweet looking a4 m8
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..
    now sold but still in the family, gone back in time to the cupra R again..

3rd Gear

Status
    ET was 35 on the Holstens.

3rd Gear

Status
    tinted headlights done, now the car has now chrome on it at all.