Volks AutosEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Best disc and pad set up for standard brakes???

Hi there I was just after some suggestions on what the best disc and pad set up would be for my A4 avant Tdi 54 reg.
    I don't want to pad top price for genuine audi discs and pads when I'm sure there is either better for the money or at least as good combinations out there. I just have the standard brake set up and am not looking to up rate to S4/RS4 brakes just a set up I can use with my standard calipers. And obviously the best place to buy them from, I will fit them myself so not bothered about garages for fitting.

Thanks for any suggestions

Aaron

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I've always found oem discs and pads a good option, granted I've not tried all the aftermarket options, but the combination of minimal pad dust and hardwearing discs works for me.

Have you had a price from a motor factor? They're not normally that expensive either depending on where you go. Try Eurocarparts or TPS.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Neutral

Status
    To be honest I haven't looked at OEM discs and pads just because I though they'd be over priced being audi. I'll look into it. Thanks
    Aaron

3rd Gear

Status
    I'm running a set of Brembo OEM discs and Jurid pads from GSF, had them on about 6000 miles, and no complaints from me.

Not very expensive either, £83 + VAT according to the receipt I just dug out.
    Audi S3 - 2002MY - Denim Blue

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    ive fitted brembo max discs and brembo pads cant fault the braking although with the discs having grooves they do throw out more dust. They are deffo better than oem as the first time i braked from speed i wasnt ready for the difference they made and shot forward in my seat. Paid 96 quid for the discs and 50 quid for the pads
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

Neutral

Status
    Thanks Guys!
    I'll have a trip round to my local GSF as it's only a few miles down the road.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Can you report back your findings when you get prices? I want to do the same so interested in what you find out.

Regards, Phil

Neutral

Status
    Will do!

6th Gear

Status
    I find padig To be very good also eurocarparts have a 25% online discount.

Neutral

Status
    Will look on euro car parts website then. Cheers

Just spoken to GSF.
    Front discs Brembo= £26.95 each + VAT
    Front OEM pads= £29.50 for the set +VAT

Rear Brembo= £17.55 each +VAT
    Rear Pads OEM= £10 for the set +VAT

Neutral

Status
    Euro car parts comes in at £214.66 for front and rear discs and pads (Pagid)with their 25% discount.

GSF comes in at £137.70 all in.

Correction on the front pads above, they are £14.95 for a set not £29.50

That's still a massive saving at GSF. Bu I'm not sure what size discs that price is for as I don't know what mine are yet.

3rd Gear

Status
    My discs were 288mm, I didn't get the cheapest pads, so £86 +VAT seems like it's still the price for the Brembo's and better pads.
    Audi S3 - 2002MY - Denim Blue

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for that, not too bad a price if doing yourself. All new discs and pads for under £140.

Regards, Phil

Neutral

Status
    No problem.

Yea I was surprised too, I didn't expect Audi parts to be as cheap as that.

3rd Gear

Status
    I did mine all round earlier this year, had MAJOR problems trying to get brembo from GSF, after waiting 3 weeks, went to Euro and got Pagid stuff instead, recommended as being as good as if not better than OEM by my local independent (ex Audi master tech)....
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...