Mini storage space

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
I'm talking about the little storage space near the flip up cigarette lighter.

I know I got a B5 but you B6ers have the same little storage space as us and I was trying think of what to use it for and what options or ideas Audi had for it.

I've found a picture of a B5 facelift with a remote control unit and I've seen some B6s with a start button.
The remote is no good if you don't have the Audi stereo and start button is not an option for everyone.

I've asked the B5ers and thought I'd ask you guys as well.
Did the B6s have any more options for this space?

b7 same as b6
iv got the rs4 starter in mine

only things OEM i have seen are the start button in the RS4 and the remote for the inboot satnav
rns-d and e didnt have the remote

Sorry slightly off topic, but I was toying with the idea of fitting an rs4 starter button, how hard are they to fit? I've done it before but in a Jap car where the wiring is far more simple than our audi's!

Sorry slightly off topic, but I was toying with the idea of fitting an rs4 starter button, how hard are they to fit? I've done it before but in a Jap car where the wiring is far more simple than our audi's!

There is some right ups on the net.
It seems easy but you still need to put the key in the ignition and turn it.

There is some right ups on the net.
It seems easy but you still need to put the key in the ignition and turn it.

Yeah I thought that would be the case, do you still have to use the key in the ignition on the rs4 anyway? But just to position 3 on ignition? I'll have to do a google search on the subject.

Oh, and I forgot to say, I use that mini storage place to put my chewing gum packet, that's about all it's big enough for!

Yeah I thought that would be the case, do you still have to use the key in the ignition on the rs4 anyway? But just to position 3 on ignition? I'll have to do a google search on the subject.

Oh, and I forgot to say, I use that mini storage place to put my chewing gum packet, that's about all it's big enough for!

It's a tiny stupid space.
Trying to find something useful to put it.

Not sure about the RS4.
But yeah, key in the ignition turn like you would to start and press the button to start the car.

That's how I did it in my BMW.

I put my wallet or phone in there but my phone always falls out of it if I take a sharp left or right...also a neat place to store change that falls out of my pocket into my chair!

I do agree it is a bit of a pointless thought of storage space really.

yes the rs4 still needs key in igg
its easy to fit but the how to's are for the a3 and that is very easy
best thing to do is but a start button with wireing and relay use the rs4 button
or wire it up to a relay of your own

I keep my access key fob for work in there, its super convenient and means I always have it with me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

I keep my Bluetooth ear thingy in it.... Dead cheap now and a great idea, just make sure you take it off before walking round tesco otherwise you look like a t1t !