Loosing power?

tdia4

TDIPOWARRR
Reaction score
Hi all, I've got a 1.9tdi 130 avant 5 speed.

When I first got the car it seemed to give you a good shunt into your seat when putting your foot down, that now seems to have gone and the car doesn't seem any faster then my old B5 Tdi which was running 145bhp.

Also in 4th and 5th I don't seem to have much go at all, not going into limp mode though.

The car has been re-mapped to 170ish bhp.

I have cleaned the egr valve out, checked for boost leaks(replaced top pipe from intercooler to egr as that was leaking), new seal on another pipe because it was leaking slightly there, Also given the turbo a clean with mr muscle and the actuator arm moves smoothly and is not sticking, turbo seems to be fine-its got no play in it, new air filter, new fuel filter and i've run some injector cleaner through and still have the problem.

So I'm left with either a vaccum pipe is leaking somewhere(going to replace all these)

Or

A MAF problem, I've had a look at the MAF and it doesn't look dirty but I'm guessing it doesn't have to be to fail.

Any ideas guys?

By the way got no access to VCDS.

maf is a good start id think i had to change mine and it did not look like it had a problem at all but they are comon on the audi.s

Cheers

The car still seems to pull pretty well, just not how it was when I got it, so thought the MAF must be on its way out or something like that.

its a hard one to call really but also need to rember you have got used to the cars power now so that will not help

Yeah, suppose if I do notice another drop off in power that it would indicate that it is the MAF slowly failing.

try cleaning the partical filter
my mates 2.0 tdi gradually got slower and slower till it wouldn't even rev
once he had it cleaned out he said it was a new car

where is the partical filter on the a4s turbotronics

dont hold me to this as its only what i have read on here but i believe if your egr valve is playing up needs cleaning it can cause your partical filter (cat) to clog up quickly
i believe it tells you in the hand book how to clear it your self by keeping the revs to around 2500 rpm for a few miles in a low gear to heat the cat up and burning the ****e out of it but i would do a bit of searching first to make sure im right about that
hope this helps

was just looking around for it and your right it dose say to rev/ drive it hard for a bit but they all said they had a light come on the dash for it so im not sure.

i think thats once it gets blocked to the point that it wont rev my mates light only come on once it wouldn't rev past 3000rpm

hmmm i see so its the cat then i get a power loss some times but if i turn the car off and on it clears and that is when i go pased 3k i wonder if thats what it is on mine to thought it was my egr needing cleaning ill have to boot it some times me thinks

Cheers guys.

If I unplug the MAF won't that just put the car into limp mode?

Nah I don't but S3 GAZ suggested unplugging the MAF but I thought that would just put the car into limp mode then?

Unplugged MAF today and it ran alot worse so MAF is fine I think.

Think it could be a case of I've got used to the car, spoke to my tuner today and were going to see about getting a stage 2 map on the car.