Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Will a B7 3.0 v6 tdi exhaust fit a b6 2.5 v6 tdi?

Anybody know if i can fit the milltek 3.0 v6 tdi system to my car? I know its designed for the b7 but i would love to get that sound from my car.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    As long as its quattro to quattro I would think you'll be ok, worse case you might need an adapter if the bore differs. It depends how much of the system you want to use.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Neutral

Status
    I was going to get the 2.75" non dpf cat back system.

i want this sound :D
    Mad Audi A4 B7 3.0 TDI with Milltek exhaust - YouTube

Neutral

Status
    Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.

any idea why this keeps coming up?

Neutral

Status
    it must be the youtube links

anyway, i was going to buy the 3.0 v6 tdi non dpf 2.75" cat back system if it fits.

6th Gear

Status
    You need to compare them side by side but as pointed above, depends how much of the system you really wanna use. Bores will be different so you'll need adaptor pipes and i reckon it's only gonna be the same from cat's back...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
    Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.

any idea why this keeps coming up?
    There's an issue with your account, moderators have raised it with admin and are awaiting it's resolution.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    why do you want to fit a 3.0 zorst to a 2.5 ?

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    You'd love to get that sound from your car?? I've never heard a 3.0 v6 TDi before, but can a diesel exhaust really sound that good?? It's only displacement that differs between the two cars so I'm finding it hard to believe that they sound any different.....

I like the sound of my exhaust, it whistles like a siren, sounds weird but who ever gets in my car thinks there is a police car following us with the sirens on, quite funny really. I've heard that if you fit a non resonated exhaust system to a diesel like a milltek then it makes it sound more like a petrol car.
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkster View Post
    why do you want to fit a 3.0 zorst to a 2.5 ?
    What i want to do is buy millteks 2.75" resonated kit that they make for the b7 3.0 v6 tdi a4 to my car. They dont make one for the 2.5 and cannt tell me whether or not it will fit the car. So what i want to know is if a standard 3.0 v6 tdi b7 exhaust will fit my 2.5 v6 tdi b6. If it will then the milltek for the b7 will fit my b6.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    You'd love to get that sound from your car?? I've never heard a 3.0 v6 TDi before, but can a diesel exhaust really sound that good?? It's only displacement that differs between the two cars so I'm finding it hard to believe that they sound any different.....

I like the sound of my exhaust, it whistles like a siren, sounds weird but who ever gets in my car thinks there is a police car following us with the sirens on, quite funny really. I've heard that if you fit a non resonated exhaust system to a diesel like a milltek then it makes it sound more like a petrol car.
    There is a problem with my account at the moment in that it wont allow me to post with any links in the post. Go to youtube and type milltek v6 tdi and you'll get a video that milltek have put up demonstrating the exhaust for the 3.0 v6 tdi.

My car also has a very loud turbo, but that siren noise is not coming from the exhaust, its coming from the engine bay. I dont want a non resonated exhaust as i dont want to make the car loud in the cabin.

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    The siren type noise is definitely coming from my exhaust because it can clearly be heard coming from the exhaust pipes when stood at the back of the car when giving the engine some revs. I also get a lot of turbo whistle from the engine bay, but maybe I get both of these noises due to it being remapped.

I will check out the milltek on you tube.
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control