AH FabricationsEM Tuning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xs2man

Thread: How Economical is Yours ??

Reverse Gear

Status

Thumbs up How Economical is Yours ??

Hi Guys .... I know there have been threads about this before but as I have only had my A4 cab for the last month, I thought I would share my results and see how this compares. My car is a 54 plate cab 2.5v6 TDi with multitronic gearbox, and 44k on it.
    Recently had a remap, and therefore have been checking fuel economy. I drive around 1800-2000 miles/month, mostly dual carriageway/motorways, and generally have the cruise control on around 70-75mph indicated. As an aside, I ALWAYS use Shell fuel, mostly normal diesel, but occasionally throw a tank of V-Power into it.

Have to say so far, that i am impressed given that it is a big heavy car. My previous car was a Volvo S60 D5 with Auto gears, and that was also very good, same journeys I was getting probably mid 40'smpg.

Anyway, the DIS for this last tank gave me a figure of 41.9mpg. Having brimmed the tank, I have done 650 miles having put in 70 litres of fuel which equates to 15.38 Imp.Gallons, which inturn meant a return of 42.26 mpg. Therefore, quite surprisingly the DIS was very accurate, and seeing as the mileage also included some town driving, as mentioned I am very pleased with the result.

please feel free to comment

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    That is quite impressive right enough.

On my DIS, over the last 8000 miles, I am getting 23 mpg. Not too bad...
    gkf9 likes this.
    Looking for the right A4 Quattro. 1.9 TDI / 1.8T or 2.0T...
    My A4:http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/125399-my-brief.html

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I use fuelly.com, my 2.5TDi q manual does 32mpg as an average, but I'll happily admit I drive it like I stole it generally. My DIS under reads by 2mpg.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Chocolate? It's doo-doo, baby!

Status
    I can get late twenties if I get to cruise on A/B-roads in 6th gear.

Urban is more like late teens.

The V8 just about makes up for it though. Maybe I need a Milltek to justify it further.
    Audi S4 Avant (B6, 2004) in Goodwood Green.

1st Gear

Status
    You can be pleased with that! Did you do any calculations before the remap? Would be interesting. I recently did 470 miles to Edinburgh and back and the maths worked out at 42.54mpg. I do spend a bit of time on motorways and over the last 6000 miles I've avreaged 37.5 with no remap, just normal shell diesel and millers additive maybe once a month.
    A4 (B6) 2.5TDI QUATTRO SPORT AVANT

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    I use fuelly.com, my 2.5TDi q manual does 32mpg as an average, but I'll happily admit I drive it like I stole it generally. My DIS under reads by 2mpg.
    I get a little under that - it does depend on how the car's driven. I sometimes tow a boat, and, like quattrojames, use the performance in the lower gears to squirt it where I'm able.
    BUT - if I drive it like my gran drives her Nissan Micra, I can get as much as 35mpg.
    Have to admit, though, that's not very often!!
    2003 A4 Avant 2.5TDi 180 Quattro Sport in Light Metallic Silver, Remapped to 220 by ProTec Motorsport, RS4 18" x 8J reps, Falken F452 tyres, 10mm H+R Spacers, Matt Aluminium Mirror Covers, Heated Mirrors, S4 Door Blades, Continental TS830p Winter Tyres on 5 star 17" Sport Alloys

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I think a lot depends on the type of roads you use with a 2.5. I never really go on any motorways or longer lengths of dual carriageways, all the driving I do is rural A/B roads, the majority of it at anti social hours, hence the low figure. If I ever go on a longer journey of 2 hours plus the mpg will increase surprisingly.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    i think my one gives about 450miles to the tank, but i don't drive 2.5 like a 1.9 if you get my drift,

1st Gear

Status
    Totally agree with the use of roads James. I'd say 85% + of my miles are motorway and I avoid rush hours (plural), hence my mpg figures. Let us know if you've got any figures pre-remap Billyboy.
    A4 (B6) 2.5TDI QUATTRO SPORT AVANT

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi guys nice to see some responses, sorry haytch didnt do any really meaningful miles prior to the remap, and I guess I am a bit "Driving Miss Daisy" when commuting to work and back, especially on the motorways, not a lot of fun even if you do give it the beans a little. Not to say I don't enjoy having some fun on good "A" roads, when I get the chance, although have to say with the sun out and the roof down, even then it's nice to cruise along rather than belt it.

Neutral

Status
    I do about 140 miles per day, mainly motorway with beginning and end say 30 miles of city and country side traffic. I tend to drive at the max speed limits. I use any old fuel that I can throw in. I get about 34mpg which is not bad from a 3.0 petrol quattro automatic I think

Oh mine has done 68k miles now.
    3.0V6 Quattro Convertible Tip - Crystal blue, blue roof, grey leather

Upgrades: RS6 18" Wheels, Pirelli Zero Rosso 235/40R18, Philips extreme bulbs, brodit phone holder, Wind Deflector, BMC Air Filter

1st Gear

Status
    Only just had mine but so far I've been getting 41-42(DIS) on country roads and in the town. A little better than the 18-19 I was getting from my frontera!
    2002 A4 1.9TDI Avant SE Quattro
    Revo remap
    Rotalla tyres

BahnStormer

Status
    Tend to avg 33-36mpg, depending on enthusiasm and mix of driving, but despite being in London, I probably spend less time in traffic and more time on dual carriageways and A-roads than most...

I've got it down close to 30mpg avg over about 50litres, but I was being a VERY naughty boy and having a lot of fun on A-roads and B-roads!

38mpg is very do-able if I make a conscious effort to drive it like I've got one of those B8-style "eco" change up indicators on the dash (i.e. 4th gear at 25-30mph, 4th to 6th change-up as soon as you're done accelerating up to the 50mph limit on a dual carriageway).
    Last edited by BahnStormer77; 7th August 2011 at 23:04.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

5th Gear

Status
    average 42 mpg 1.9tdi with remap