Who the hell made that decision??

Avant4me

The're Graphite not black!!
Reaction score
I would truly love to know who was present at the design meeting where Audi decided that having no brake lights at all, only warranted a yellow light on the dash rather than a red one!!!

Got the ABS/ESP lights on today when on a little drive, 5 mins later i get the flashing glow plug. Put the car on the computer to reveal the common brake switch fault. Turned the lights out in the garage to find that its not an intermittent fault, but a permanent one and i have no brake lights at all.

Lights on the dash, i am lucky to have a rear end still in tact.

ive had cars in the past where no warning is displayed and its only because someone was kind enough to tell you that you even knew. At least there is a warning

i must say im a bit gutted that my audi dont have full dis or what ever it is lol to be fair audi are the top end of the market and not cheap.
my old vaxhall vectra and cav gsi both had lights out on them evan low washer level too so was gutted this has nothing ;-(

Im sure my dash (DIS) told me a while back when one of my rear bulbs went!?!

Was the same for me last week on my S3. My brake light switch had died. Only reason I knew about it was my cruise control stopped working, and when I hooked up to the laptop, got a 'Brake signal implausible' which sent me hunting. Still, only a £5 part so not all bad...

Cheers,

I would truly love to know who was present at the design meeting where Audi decided that having no brake lights at all, only warranted a yellow light on the dash rather than a red one!!!

In fairness, Red warnings mean urgent (engine threatening) attention and you need to stop immediately. Yellow warning's are a bit more relaxed and you should seek attention as soon as possible. It's not really necessary to cross lanes and stop on the hard shoulder of a motorway because you've got no brakelights is it?

A yellow warning still tells you the brake lights are out, which is what the system is supposed to do.

I agree that whoever designed this did not consider that the switch would cause a total loss of brake lights.This could easily cause a pile up on a motorway and is something you would notexpect any car to be subject to.I like to look for the reflection in my neighbours garage door when I back off the drive

Decision made by the same apprentice who decided it was a good idea to have to remove the entire headlight to replace the bulb ! Or of you have a Golf or a B7 A4 the bumper to....