Volks AutosEM Tuning
    4th Gear

Status

S4 discs and pads.

Guys,

Where have you found the best deal on brakes? Not sure if the full set are needing swapped out, but thought I'd look anyway.

Looking at £575.26 for Standard Quality EBC discs, and Yellow Stuff pads all round. Is that a decent price / set-up?

Have you found anything better / cheaper?
    Looking for the right A4 Quattro. 1.9 TDI / 1.8T or 2.0T...
    My A4:http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/125399-my-brief.html

2. # ADS
    ADS

BahnStormer

Status
    Only time I tried EBC, it was a set of their dimpled+grooved discs and the greenstuff pads... and after a 500mile bedding in, they were warped beyond usability after the first proper bit of braking... and that was only a Mk3 Golf!<br><br>Since then it's either been Brembo or OEM.... I'd consider AP Racing too ;o)
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

4th Gear

Status
    Aint been able to find Brembo's for the S4. Booooooo.

I have used EBC before, and never had a problem though.
    My A4:http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/125399-my-brief.html

6th Gear

Status
    EBC always seem to warp and last time I used brembo they lasted about 2 pads worth. Ouch.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

4th Gear

Status
    Hmmmmm. So any ideas for anything else then? Just OEM Audi brakes?

6th Gear

Status
    I've always been a huge fan of genuine oem.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

?

Status
    I haven't heard good things about the ebc disks

oem pagid disks with yellow stuff pads is a good upgrade
    Phantom Black B7 S4 + Milltek

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quite like the standard brakes myself. Recently did my pads all round, fitted Pagids as I believe these were the OEM. Front pads were around £80 from Euro car parts.

3rd Gear

Status
    Pagid pads and discs all round earlier this year.....
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

4th Gear

Status
    Slapped my 19's on the S4 today, so had a good look. There is certainly a good few k left in the pads I would say. Stupid brake warning light. Not much lip to the discs either, but will likely change them when I change the pads anyway, but that aint gonna be until the winter at the earliest now.

BahnStormer

Status
    EBC pads might be worth a look, but for the pads only.... Pagid always seem to do decent pads - had a few of them in the past and never had a problem.

For the discs, I've only been happy with OEM or Brembo and on the Audi, I've only had OEM: keeps the insurance down too...

RE: Brembo: I'm sure there WILL be a kit for them: what size/thickness are the S4's (front and rear).
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.