FMIC options

vt3ccrx

Reaction score
I wondered if anyone can help in regards to an intercooler upgrade. (Mine is the 190 with twin intercooler)

I would like to upgrade to as big as possible without having to make any modifications to the bumper/supports etc.
I understand there's not much of a gap between rad and bumper so I'm guessing around a 50mm max thickness??

I want to keep the FMIC sat behind the bumper grills but a nice snug fit.

Thanks in advance

if you dont want to mod the bumper etc stay with what you got
7do you want it for show or for extra power
if power what are you running ?

Just for show mate, it's crash/damaged and the O/S intercooler is mangled and that's the only reason I was going to change this to be honest.
What work is required for fitment of a FMIC?

east to fit if its for show look on the bay
theres a few options
small amount of trimming the bumper on the inside
unless u use custom pipewort you will lose the fogs

Aaaaaa, I've got damaged air con pipes so I might just remove the air con and air con rad completely which should (potentially) save me from doing any trimming :D

Hmmmmmm I'm losing the will to live! Think this crash/damaged project is going to end up costing me the price of a straight one! I need most front end parts and getting hold of the parts are seemingly a nightmare! I managed to get an original O/S intercooler delivered for £108 so that will do for now...bigger things to worry about :/

04 Audi A4 B6 1.8T 190bhp S-line Quattro ........... I'm sorry for the question I am about to ask as I am sure it has been asked a million times before but I cannot find the answer!!! ..... Is there a B7 facelift conversion or guide kicking about as seemingly the B6 front ends are more expensive!

04 Audi A4 B6 1.8T 190bhp S-line Quattro ........... I'm sorry for the question I am about to ask as I am sure it has been asked a million times before but I cannot find the answer!!! ..... Is there a B7 facelift conversion or guide kicking about as seemingly the B6 front ends are more expensive!

Have a read of this to see what's involved.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-...done-my-b7-complete-front-end-conversion.html

I'd run a mile from a car which was repaired and didn't have the aircon fitted myself.

Suppose that can be sorted at a later date when I decide to sell it to someone who it may matter to, when the prices have dropped haha! May aswell cut the aircon belt for now :D

I'm not too sure of my thoughts on the B7 front end and it may become a pig to sell to an average person :/