RS6 Refurb

quattrojames

Staff member
Reaction score
I've finally got round to doing this, this is only a teaser picture for now. I was hoping to get the Eibach lowering springs on before AITP, but due to an unexpected large bill for a thermostat that's not going to happen in time.

8mm Spacers and caliper paint will be done though :icon_thumright:

Rims.jpg

LoooooKiiing Goood James..Well done

Last edited:
Mmm not my cup of tea but it does work with the colour of your car
have you got a full picture of the car with them fitted

Not yet Paul no, I'll take some at AITP this weekend when it's a bit more together.

Indeed it is, well spotted :sly:

I didn't do them myself to save confusion!

When you lower the car it will look even better

They look good James, but do me a favour let me know how you get on with the 8mm spacers up front, i just bought a set of H&R spacers at great expense and couldn't stop the vibration,they were sat flush but the car shook like a pig,needless to say they are now on the garage shelf along with the 10mm rear ones, i will say the stance looked good though.Enjoy AITP i am well p***ed off i can't grt there this year would have been nice to meet eveyone
Cheers
Matt

Thanks Matt, I'll be sure to let you know. It's disappointing if Hubcentric spacers cause that problem, that said it's the rears which need it most, I could get away with 5mm on the front I'm sure. It would have been useful if they had come today as I had all the wheels off to paint the calipers!

I've included a whole car pic too, I'm REALLY looking forward to lowering it now. I might take the door rings off, and I'm also going to shadowline the chrome trim, and I might even put the body colour door mirrors back on and see what they look like.

IMG-20110802-00084.jpg

IMG-20110802-00089.jpg

Nice numberplate.......Vorsprung Durch Tecknik by any chance?

Looks good, but I think you should consider the whole hog:
Shadow line
Mirrors
Remove the grey Audi rings stickers

Thanks Matt, I'll be sure to let you know. It's disappointing if Hubcentric spacers cause that problem, that said it's the rears which need it most, I could get away with 5mm on the front I'm sure. It would have been useful if they had come today as I had all the wheels off to paint the calipers!

I've included a whole car pic too, I'm REALLY looking forward to lowering it now. I might take the door rings off, and I'm also going to shadowline the chrome trim, and I might even put the body colour door mirrors back on and see what they look like.

IMG-20110802-00084.jpg

IMG-20110802-00089.jpg

I bought my 8mm ones from DPM performance and they are advertised as hubcentric but there not, I'm now informed from annother H&R dealer that they are only hubcentric from 10mm, I would like to find a cure though as the stance was spot on with the 17's on sport suspension, also found out that the sport models on a 02 sit lower than any other sport model, why i don't know but they do read this on a us forum and had it confirmed by audi yesterday

Last edited:
I bought my 8mm ones from DPM performance and they are advertised as hubcentric but there not, I'm now informed from annother H&R dealer that they are only hubcentric from 10mm,

That's a bit of a worry..... I'll not be impressed if I've bought 'hubcentric' and they're not.

That's a bit of a worry..... I'll not be impressed if I've bought 'hubcentric' and they're not.

There is a champher that sits over the original hub but they are certainly not hubcentric and as said the vibration was awful

Mine arrived today exactly as you described Matt, pic below. I'll fit them tomorrow and find out then.....!

I emailed Damian from DPM and he replied:

Afternoon,

I'm glad to hear that.

Hubcentric means that the centre bore of the spacer matches the centre bore of the hub, both 57.1. The collars are only available on the 10mm and above spacers.

Hope this helps and thanks again.

Kind regards,

Damian Moore
DPM Performance

NorthDorset-20110803-00096.jpg

Same as mine James, let me know how you get on, I am going to try and refit mine after a good clean up and see what happens then, I was just very disappointed that they sat flush on the wheel and flush on the hub but still wheel wobble
I did read on a us forum they found a cure but as normmal can't find it when you want it

looking good James. Def take stickers off I reckon. I would agree with changing the mirror backs, but probably to the same colour as the wheels, if not then at least body coloured. What is a shadow line??

I am running 8mm h&r spacers up front and have no problem with wobble. Cars looking great James! The wheels look great in black! Where did you get them done? I quite like the audi ring stickers, they look better in person. I've just lowered mine on coilovers, if you want some s4 shocks to go with your springs let me know (if they'll work on yours that is)

The wheels are actually a dark gunmetal, they look darker in the photo's I think - it's actually a Subaru colour I think. A friend of mine had them done at a place in Tewkesbury, I took them to him as we were going to take a few sets to Citypowdercoaters for their £20/wheel deal, but in the end we didn't go there.

Sounds good re the shocks Sam, don't suppose you have the springs too? I'll do some digging and see whether they'll fit - everything I ever thought was true about Audi suspension was blown out the water when I discovered rear springs from a 1.8T q Avant were totally different!

I'm torn on the rings, I think I'll take them off at the weekend, BUT I have a spare pair ;) I wonder with body colour mirrors and losing the chrome trim if they'll work by complimenting the roof bars maybe? We'll see.

I am running 8mm h&r spacers up front and have no problem with wobble.

I wonder why mine were so ****** bad then, they are brand new,can't believe they weren't sitting central but will re-fit and try again.

Lookin' good chief. I can't decide on the rings at all. good job you have spares in case you remove them and regret it :)

If sam's shocks don't fit your car I wonder if they'll fit mine? my backs have gone and I need to change them urgently.

I put the spacers on, and I've only been for a 50mph potter round near the house and they seem ok, touch wood.

Here's a crappy before and after phone pic (excuse all the junk in my car port):

BEFORE:

IMG-20110804-00097.jpg

AFTER:

IMG-20110804-00102.jpg

They sit quite nicely on the hub:

IMG-20110804-00104.jpg

Glad I bought longer wheel bolts!

IMG-20110804-00098.jpg

Not the day for photo's, but the stance seems improved:

IMG-20110804-00106.jpg

Need to decide what else I can get done in time for AITP now!

They look ace mate! If I ever get some nice wheels i'll do them a similar, just slightly lighter, colour me thinks.

You running 8mm all round then James?, i'm going to re-fit my front 8mm's again tomorrow and try again!!

Yes I am. I've probably done about 30 miles since I fitted them with no real issues. I get a little bit of vibration at top end motorway speeds, but it's possible that when they fitted the tyres last weekend they didn't get the balancing spot on, as I've not done that speed all week. I can't necessarily attribute it to the spacers.

New wheel bolts can be prone to stretching, so I'll double check them in the morning and also set the tyres pressures and see what happens.

I'm sure you did this, but I just got an old wall paper scraper and scratched all the rubbish off the hub face and then wiped it down with a splash of degreaser before fitting them. Let me know how you go when you refit them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

Sounds good re the shocks Sam, don't suppose you have the springs too? I'll do some digging and see whether they'll fit - everything I ever thought was true about Audi suspension was blown out the water when I discovered rear springs from a 1.8T q Avant were totally different!

Yes I have the springs as well. I'm not sure if they will work as the spring rate might be different, depends on the weight of the car and engine I guess. I'll have to look at them and get the part numbers to compare

not sure about the s4 but when i was looking at shocks recently the 2.5tdiQ and 3.0Q seesm to often have the same part numbers.. not often the same as other engine sizes though.
2nd dibs on sam's full set if you don't take them :)

I've just put the body colour mirror caps back on and it looks MUCH better! Also taken the door rings off, the jury's still out there but luckily I have spares.

Yes I have the springs as well. I'm not sure if they will work as the spring rate might be different, depends on the weight of the car and engine I guess. I'll have to look at them and get the part numbers to compare

Keep in touch mate, I'me very interested.

I bought a spare set off ebay (£20 I think) and sprayed them up, they're a bit tatty now so I think I'll keep them for future experiments.

Sorry ;)

I will do mate. I'm thinking after the suspension is sorted a roof spoiler and headlight tint will be the finishing touches.

I will do mate. I'm thinking after the suspension is sorted a roof spoiler and headlight tint will be the finishing touches.

It sure will!!, I have some lamin x sat on my bench waiting to be fitted along with annother cupra splitter, I have also re-fitted my spacers 10 mm rear and 8mm front so far with no vibration, must have had some crap in there fingers crossed they are all ok now

That's good. I'm glad the spacers worked second time around.

Get that Lamin-x on!

Looks great James, I was going to try and go but it clashed with weekend away in devon.

Did a bit of research into the s4 shocks and springs. They work well apparently but some say the front will be a bit high so to use front springs from a 1.8t but the rears will be fine. That was for a 3.0 quattro avant, not sure how much heavier/lighter the 2.5 tdi is