RS6 Refurb

I saw James car in the flesh at AITP and the refurb job on the wheel's is A1..

James, thank you for the kick up the **** I needed.Started work on refurbing mine at the weekend. Gone for Audi Aluminium Silver though. Bit darker than the normal colour it seems.

As much as I like mine, I can't say I like them any 'more' than when they were silver, they're just a bit different.

Get a move on and do it, you won't regret it :icon_thumright:

Finally got the Eibach springs on today, they promised a 30mm drop which is probably about right after they've had a few days to settle. Will get some better pics when the weather allows me to clean it.

I'm sure some will say it's not low enough, but it's spot on for me.

Here's a BEFORE:

IMG-20110806-00114.jpg

Here's an AFTER:

IMG-20110909-00227.jpg

IMG-20110909-00228.jpg

Well done mate, better late than never they should take a few months to bed in. I bet when you drove home the first thing that you noticed was the ride was sill very comfy. Eibach are the dog's.

Lol it's only about 3/4 mile! I'm kicking myself for not getting organised and having the B5 perches ready.

So the photo is without the B5 Perches?

Is that Black Caliper paint on the hub part of the Brake Disc...or did they come like that?

Painted.. It stop's corrosion

Spring perches are still standard Colin, will let its settle and then go from there.

Calipers and hubs are painted black with Hammerite to tidy it up, pictures of that earlier on in the thread I think.

The ride felt a bit firmer, but I've not been far enough to know for sure. Will update in a few days.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, They're spring perches which the springs sit on. The B5 ones are a straight fit and give a 10mm drop over B6 ones.

Bit more pic-whoring of my dirty car... I'm very pleased with it.

IMG-20110909-00229.jpg

IMG-20110909-00231.jpg

IMG-20110909-00230.jpg

balls. I've missed that boat when my rears were done then.. that said my car may be low enough for these roads.

No shame in pic whoring. the car looks great. a very aggressive combination with the dark wheels, s4 blades, s4 grill etc.

Looks very well James! Good Work! :thumbsup:

See you will get the Classic and Classy looking all in one

tell that to the Finns matey. they don't so much "lower the kerb" as "grind it off to about 45 degrees". I must get a photo of the kerb that takes me under the tunnel into my carpark. No wonder I had to change my suspension arms. friggin things must get almost twisted off twice per day.
Being that low probably wouldn't be ideal for driving through 10 inches of snow either, quattro or not. I'd best not go for that look then eh? :)

car looks realy good james sits much nicer looks better with out the audi stickers on the doors too ;-)

just noticed this. I wonder if that would offset a pair of front S4 struts and springs since they're supposed to be a bit high? Any ideas of part numbers and rough cost for them?

I'll get back to you on this Noel, unless CMD (hopefully) beats me to it ;)

I need to take some proper pics (and wash the car), but I thought it was sitting quite nicely when I took this:

IMG-20110913-00250.jpg

only if he wants to make the car faster lol

Hight looks spot on James! looks only a little higher than my slight drop on the V3's. Should settle a little more over the next few weeks

Thanks Sam.

Everytime I walk away from the car I look back at it! I'm very happy with how it's turned out.

It looks very good mate, i dont think i would personally bother fitting B5 perches, dont think it needs them. I cant wait to have mine done

That looks spot on i must say. love these wheels, Well done its a good job just right. Only thing that im not so keen on is the Black rings esp with the chrome rails and window surrounds

Only thing that im not so keen on is the Black rings esp with the chrome rails and window surrounds

You're not the first person who has said that in fairness. Personally i think black is better, but I have some chrome rings I'll try on and take a pic and see what it looks like.

James where did you get the Eibach springs from and at what price ??.... looks like i'm going to be buying my dads 2002 quattro avant