JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Audi A4 B6 paint code problem?

Hi,

My first post here

We have a 2003 BLACK audi a4 B6 and want to paint the front + rear lower bumpers aswell as the side sills....i understand there are two locations for the paint code (boot well and in the service schedule) heres where the confusion begins
    the stated code is LY7W/LY7W at both locations, after plugging it into google it comes back as silver......

exactly the same as the one in this link

VW Teesside - Online Shop - Data Sticker Guide

any thoughts?

A

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Yes - my A4 has the same code - LY7W - and it is, as you say, Light Metallic Silver.

I can only suggest the car has been re-sprayed black, but started out from the factory as silver.

Someone on this forum will have the correct code for black - assuming it is now an Audi colour.
    2003 A4 Avant 2.5TDi 180 Quattro Sport in Light Metallic Silver, Remapped to 220 by ProTec Motorsport, RS4 18" x 8J reps, Falken F452 tyres, 10mm H+R Spacers, Matt Aluminium Mirror Covers, Heated Mirrors, S4 Door Blades, Continental TS830p Winter Tyres on 5 star 17" Sport Alloys

Vorsprung durch Technik

Status
    Maybe you car has been resprayed in the past! What colour does it say on your V5 mate?

A4 B8 2.0TDI S-Line Executive

Events Moderator
    Ireland/Northern Ireland

Reverse Gear

Status
    Everything paperwork wise including the V5 says its black, we`ve been in the motor trade for ~14 years and after going through the car with a fine toothed comb can find nothing to suggest the car was ever silver....door shuts/boot well/engine bay etc etc you name it its factory finish black

3rd Gear

Status
    Audi dealer should be able to tell you the origional colour from the VIN, I did it with mine when I wanted a touch up stick.
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

Reverse Gear

Status
    thats the next plan