Audi A4 B6 paint code problem?

EPboi

Reaction score
Hi,

My first post here :thumbsup:

We have a 2003 BLACK audi a4 B6 and want to paint the front + rear lower bumpers aswell as the side sills....i understand there are two locations for the paint code (boot well and in the service schedule) heres where the confusion begins
the stated code is LY7W/LY7W at both locations, after plugging it into google it comes back as silver......:wtf:

exactly the same as the one in this link

VW Teesside - Online Shop - Data Sticker Guide

any thoughts?

A

Yes - my A4 has the same code - LY7W - and it is, as you say, Light Metallic Silver.

I can only suggest the car has been re-sprayed black, but started out from the factory as silver.

Someone on this forum will have the correct code for black - assuming it is now an Audi colour.

Maybe you car has been resprayed in the past! What colour does it say on your V5 mate?

Everything paperwork wise including the V5 says its black, we`ve been in the motor trade for ~14 years and after going through the car with a fine toothed comb can find nothing to suggest the car was ever silver....door shuts/boot well/engine bay etc etc you name it its factory finish black :think:

Audi dealer should be able to tell you the origional colour from the VIN, I did it with mine when I wanted a touch up stick.