JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    Chocolate? It's doo-doo, baby!

Status

RNS-D to RNS-E - A Unique Question...

I've researched on audiforum.us, etc. but I cannot work out exactly what I need for my exact setup.

I have a 53/04 B6 S4 with RNS-D CD sat nav, CD changer and Bose sub and amp.

Which parts do I need for it to all work with an RNS-E please?
    Audi S4 Avant (B6, 2004) in Goodwood Green.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    I'll be doing this swap myself on Monday, I've got an adapter harness that will allow you to connect your original multiplugs to the RNS-E, a adapter for the radio aerial, and for the sake of £11 I bought a new gps antenna as I was unsure of they were different or not.

As far as I'm aware this lot should allow you to plug and play but the unit will have to be coded via vagcom to your cars Ecu and dis.

I'm hoping that's all the case anyway, I'll report back on Monday evening with the conclusion!

Az.
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

Status
    Thanks. I don't have direct access to VAG-COM. What's involved with the 'coding'?

6th Gear

Status
    Your telling the navigation what car you have and what options you have like sound system (bose), bluetooth, multifunction steering wheel etc. The units you buy off ebay are not always what they appear they may have had a faceplate change to fit a different model audi so the coding will be wrong. Some times you get lucky and it all works but there willl be error codes that should be cleared, and you should also check the coding of the instrument cluster, but seeing as you already have nav it should have the correct coding.

Status
    Oh, right.

Thanks.