AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Window tint 35% or 50%??????

Hi all,

I am having my windows tinted this saturday and would like your opinions please.

I was going to get 50% all round BUT everyone says "wish i got 35% now you can hardly tell"

So i though 35% all round, many people say this looks best and still doesnt look to dark over the top etc.

I dont like having JUST the rears done it looks crap, and also i dont like it when the fronts amd back are different shades........

I just want same shade all round

What do any of you guys have???

Pictures also if you wish...........

I allready know by uk law you should have 70% light transmission on front 2 windows and the factory glass is tinted from factory @ around 10% so 20% is my limit, so to anyone wanting to post a comment like this..............to late!!!

So 35% or 50%

Doplin grey A4

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    35% all round m8 ive brought mine with 35 front and 50% rears bot mines silver and still looks cool but rather have one shade

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    35% looks fine to me, any darker is too much in my opinion. And while you're obviously not worried by the legal perspective, 50% is more obviously illegal and will stand out more drawing attention to you.

I'm surprised that tinters are allowed to fit a tint which is obviously illegal to road cars in honesty.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post

I'm surprised that tinters are allowed to fit a tint which is obviously illegal to road cars in honesty.
    Money talks James, personaly i would go for 25% all round with a 50% tint to the rear screen, gives a nice overall look,i was thinking about this but as i want them to serve a purpose i'm going to get some made to measure screens from vanstyle.
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

Avantageous

Status
    I'd go for tint, just looks so nice. I had 25% all round on my B6, with 50% on the rear screen. Flowed well with the black roof on my White b6. Made inside feel nice and cosy. And looked great from outside.

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    35% all round mate,

3rd Gear

Status
    I got 30% on rears and back screen, closest to factory tint, the place that did mine had a window done with strips of differing shades, held it up to car and I picked from there....
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

1st Gear

Status
    A 30% tint is the maximum allowable between the A and B pillars. You can have what you want behind that.

Just be careful, your Audi may already have tinted glass (like mine) in which case, you'd need to know how much of a tint it already has.
    2002 A4 2.5TDI Quattro Sport 180 Avant Tiptronic in metallic grey.Options (at the moment): Bose, CD Changer, Cruise Control, Heated Seats and Reverse Parking Sensors and that's about it.....