a4 cab MPG

tomjones333

Reaction score
a4 cabriolet 1.8T..Only had this car a few weeks and was wondering what everyone was getting from it. I currently only use it around town driving and am getting a disapponting 24 mpg is this the norm, Thanks

You should give it more timeand do an actual calculation on a full tank.If you are using DIS this isnt precise.However this would be too low depending on the traffic .Try a long run .Has it been serviced recently?simple things like clogged air cleaner or low tyre pressures can drop mpg

My 2.4 V6 Petrol, DIS can say 23 to 28 mpg on average, my paper calcs so far logging manually on tank fills id giving me 24mpg.. wish it was higher ...

my 1.8t i'm getting 32-34 mpg from full tank - i do a 40 mile round trip to work using the motorway.... But i do drive miss daisy 70mph on the highway get approx 320-340 miles on a fully belly. Have read if remap it will increase mpg by 40% does anyone agree??

should be around 30mpg avg, but that assumes a fair amount of motorway driving... remap unlikely to increase mpg on the motorway... gentle round-town driving will be improved though as a remap will allow you change up earlier, so therefore improve mpg.

It has just had a oil change and filter and I had the oil return changed in the sump the same time used longlife oil. it is running on 19s if that would make a diffrence.. Oh and apparently its been remapped already

unless you're running >235width tyres or significantly reduced radius tyres, it shoudln't affect the MPG.

what are your tyre specs?

Are you sure they are 55 profile, unless the cabs run a different overall rolling radious they should be 35 profile on a 19 inch wheel. i have 19's on my avant and have 235x35x19 tyres. if you have got 55's on then that will be showing less miles than you are actually doing and will put the mpg figures down. Can someone with a cab confirm the rolling radious?

It is telling me lies then?

3.0 V6 = 35.2pmh

9386e545.jpg

I'm really sad and play this game where every journey, either motorway or town driving, i have to get it above 30mpg. I normally hit the target by just tapping the gas pedal and not breaking, just letting it coast.

The best i have ever had was 37.2mpg on a motorway journey, about 30miles.

I'm sure the thing is lying to me though.

Did a long run today, 320 miles, full tank , 4 people in my Cab. Best I got was 31.7mpg on the dis. Not done paper calc yet. But better than the 24 to 28 I get commuting to work.

My 3LV6 CVT, will manage 18-19 urban, and 35 to 37 at a steady 70mph - not to bothered about a combined, as doesnt really mean anything - as you are either on the motorway, or pootling round town... My S4 is just as economical round town, but on a run the S4 will only manage 27.. omph!!!

A4 cab 2.5 v6 TDi, only had the car a few weeks, mostly dual carriageway/motorway to work and back, with cruise control set at 70, means I'm getting 43mpg, most I have seen on a run was 47.3 average. Getting 600 miles + from a tank