My new car and a RNS-E question

S90GAV

Reaction score
im not new to Audi's had two A3's and a S3 previous to this car :) was gutted that the S3 had too go but due to starting to compete in Downhill mountain bike races i need something more practical :)

you'll have to excuse the photo as my cam battey is dead so had to use my phone

A4 1.9tdi quattro se

IMG_0394.jpg

i wasnt gonna do any mods to it, but since getting it ive already fitted the Ali roof rails as the black ones on it looked wrong with having the chrome round the windows, my next mod i wanna do is fit a RNS-E my question is will my volume and other controls still work that are on the steering wheel if i was too fit a RNS-E?

Your siggy needs changing Gav :)

I could be wrong but I'm assuming the controls will work as you would have a control module in the car already, but no doubt the RNS-E will have to be coded to the car and for the controls.

I am assuming you have a factory fit 4 spoke B6 MFSW, which is pre-RNS-E? I recall this MFSW does not have a "Talk" activation button for SDS if you were thinking about adding this function via the RNS-E? There may be other limiting controls with this SW when used with the RNS-E, but alot more functionality than having none at all. SDS (voice control) is available on some models of RNS-E.

The B7 3-spoke steering wheel will be 100% compatible with the RNS-E, but not the B6 airbag system. B7 SW use dual stage air bags, B6 SW single stage air bags - do a search and you will see the many previous discussions regarding safety aspects.

I am sure others can confirm specifics.

seems like a bit of a chew just for a few buttoms...... might put the RNS-E on hold for now, should really get a tow bar fitted first

You could always buy my RNS-D if your after a cheap OEM satnav system ;)

I'm a snob haha if I was gonna get one I'd have to get the E ;-)