Chris NottSky Insurance
    3rd Gear

Status

My new car and a RNS-E question

im not new to Audi's had two A3's and a S3 previous to this car was gutted that the S3 had too go but due to starting to compete in Downhill mountain bike races i need something more practical

you'll have to excuse the photo as my cam battey is dead so had to use my phone

A4 1.9tdi quattro se

i wasnt gonna do any mods to it, but since getting it ive already fitted the Ali roof rails as the black ones on it looked wrong with having the chrome round the windows, my next mod i wanna do is fit a RNS-E my question is will my volume and other controls still work that are on the steering wheel if i was too fit a RNS-E?
    Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDI Quattro Sport 2004

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Your siggy needs changing Gav

3rd Gear

Status

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    I could be wrong but I'm assuming the controls will work as you would have a control module in the car already, but no doubt the RNS-E will have to be coded to the car and for the controls.
    B6 A4 2.5 V6 TDi Quattro Sport

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

BahnStormer

Status
    once coded, it'll all work
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

shifting to Hyperspace... .

Status
    I am assuming you have a factory fit 4 spoke B6 MFSW, which is pre-RNS-E? I recall this MFSW does not have a "Talk" activation button for SDS if you were thinking about adding this function via the RNS-E? There may be other limiting controls with this SW when used with the RNS-E, but alot more functionality than having none at all. SDS (voice control) is available on some models of RNS-E.

The B7 3-spoke steering wheel will be 100% compatible with the RNS-E, but not the B6 airbag system. B7 SW use dual stage air bags, B6 SW single stage air bags - do a search and you will see the many previous discussions regarding safety aspects.

I am sure others can confirm specifics.
    2001 A4 Saloon 3.0 Quattro Sport Tiptronic - Platinum Leather/Heated Front Seats/BOSE/DIS/Cruise Control
    Retrofits:GmBH Bumpers, F&R Ambient LEDS, OEM Valeo Xenons (D2S) & Headlight Washers, Auto-dipping RVM, Footwell Lights, Vent Control illumination, ISO-Fix, RNS-E & OEM Bluetooth + VIMhack + Video i-pod & Aux inputs, Rear PDC, Powerflow 100mm Tips, Reversing Camera
    2012 A4 Saloon 2.0 TDIe Technik (163ps)
    Diagnostics:VCDS HEX+USB+CAN Cable

3rd Gear

Status
    seems like a bit of a chew just for a few buttoms...... might put the RNS-E on hold for now, should really get a tow bar fitted first

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    You could always buy my RNS-D if your after a cheap OEM satnav system

Dolphin Grey I 210 BHP Remap I KW V1 Coilovers I 19"x9.5" all round BBS LM reps I RS4 Anti Roll Bar Kit I S4 Front and Rear Bumpers I Votex side skirts I S4 Aluminium Mirrors I S4 Rear Spoiler I S4 Style Tailpipes I USDM S4 licence plate blank I 6000k HID's I 18 SMD DRL's I Cupra R Splitter I Full RS4 black leather with white stitch optional bucket seat interior I RS4 black headlining I TT S Line FBMFSW I Aluminium Trim I Reverse camera I Full DIS I Cruise Control

3rd Gear

Status
    I'm a snob haha if I was gonna get one I'd have to get the E ;-)

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Haha, was worth a punt mate!